Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Venting 2.0 Heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Well now that I have been inforned that I have to vent my heads or the motor will emplode sucking all known matter into the remaining black hole, anybody know the recommended fitting size?
Bleyseng
The size that fits the large diameter German hose.
Brett W
Go to the parts store and get the fittings that screw into a small block Chevy intake for heater hose outlets. They should be something like a 1/2 pipe thread with a 5/8 hose nipple on the other end. Buy a 1/2in pipe tap and screw the fittings into each head.
bd1308
sorry to completly hijack this thread, could somebody tell me where the head venting provisions are located? I don't even know if mine are hooked up...... pics please?
Mueller
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 20 2005, 08:50 PM)
sorry to completly hijack this thread, could somebody tell me where the head venting provisions are located? I don't even know if mine are hooked up...... pics please?

if you have them, top of head near the intakes....

search......quite a few threads showing location, how to install if you don't have them....it is not the end of the world if you don't have them, but they can help in the long run
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 20 2005, 08:05 PM)
....it is not the end of the world if you don't have them, but they can help in the long run

That seems to be debatable.

Here is a link to a thread from today that Aaron posted pics and a discussion about cams going and wifes leaving husbands.

pics of vents
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Feb 20 2005, 10:21 PM)
....it is not the end of the world if you don't have them, but they can help in the long run

Here is a link to a thread from today that Aaron posted pics and a discussion about cams going and wifes leaving husbands.

pics of vents

laugh.gif exagerating my friend ohmy.gif smilie_pokal.gif laugh.gif
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 20 2005, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Feb 20 2005, 10:21 PM)

pics of vents

laugh.gif exagerating my friend ohmy.gif smilie_pokal.gif laugh.gif

Yes, yes of course but I thought is was funny. laugh.gif
Jake Raby
The crankcase HAS to be vented because pressure has to be evacuated. Extra pressure kills HP as well as creates oil leakage that would normally not be present.

I vent all the heads on my engines as a standard. If not the heads I vent the valve covers to a large capacity breather box.
I have seen 2-3% more power on my dyno with a correctly vented engine.
bd1308
are the provisions for vented heads already there, or do i need to machine something?
Jake Raby
The boss is there on most heads, just drill and tap it 1/4 NPT at a 45 degree angle and run with it.
Allan
Got my vents installed in the heads. biggrin.gif Then had to pull the 3-4 head because of the plug issue. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.