Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Leak Question - 73 - 2.0 liter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orbit398
Hello - I recently bought a 1973 with a 2.0 litter. I am new to the 914. I have a leak/drip coming right down from the oil pressure relieve valve area. It's not coming from the oil filter. I removed the large screw using the biggest screw driver I had. I got a nice new metal gasket with rubber around it. I welded a nut to the screw so install it much easier as well as tighten it much more than I could with the screw driver.

Ran the motor and it still drips down from that area just like it did before. As far as I can tell, its from the screw still but access and viewing from underneath isn't the greatest.

Is there something else around there higher up that may be the issue? Perhaps something with the oil cooler that is close by? Any pointers appreciated.
914itis
The culprit for leaks are the oil cooler seals,the push rod seals and the valve cover hasket.
Inspect all of them .
Mblizzard
Also check your oil pressure sending unit which is located on top of the engine on the right side. But I would bet more on oil cooler seals.
TheCabinetmaker
The oil filter housing is just above the oil pressure relief valve and is prone to leaking also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.