Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another 914 racer on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
don9146
I've seen the car for sale from a few different places on Evil-bay. Does anyone know the current owner or any of the car's history?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...6&category=6430
groot
He blew the engine and wants to break even on it? Good luck.
don9146
QUOTE (groot @ Feb 21 2005, 08:43 AM)
He blew the engine and wants to break even on it? Good luck.

I agree. That plus the fact that I have seen the car for sale a few times in the past couple of years makes me cautious about even looking at it.
groot
It's hard to see any details, but it looks like a reasonable car. I would have done the cage (and other things) differently, but that's usually the case.
ken914
dry.gif
Did anyone else notice that this guys web site is "T McVeigh". Hmmmmmm. Could this be the famous Oklahoma City get-away 914?

http:www.frontiernet.net/~tmcveigh

Stutgart46
I just saw this car on the PCA website for $12,500 as a roller.
This looks like a nice, clean race car that this guy has put some money into. But, it's going to be very hard to get his money out of it.
porschewrench
I know this car for a couple of years. Gary W raced this car for years in autocrosses. I saw it run in a hillclimb. I also looked at the car to purschase. The main concern was the car was not sorted for road racing. When i reserched the car I kept comming up with the car was extremly unstable a speeds. It's been a race car for a very long time without many improvements.Also the 14500 price was a bit steep for the condition & 4 cyl. engine.
groot
I agree, that's a boatload of cash for a roller.... certainly considering what other cars you can get. I've seen nationally competitive EP RX-7s go for less than $10k... with engines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.