Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 clutch question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Peashooter
I have a 2.7 liter six engine for my 914-6. Is there a clutch set up where you can use a 911 flywheel and still keep the 914 clutch actuating system?
The 914 uses a push type and I think the 911's use a pull type release. I'm sure someone has dealt with this!
Thanks, Bill
GeorgeRud
I have a 2.7 in my conversion car, and you have a couple of choices. You can get a flywheel for the 2.7 that allow you to use the stock clutch and pressure plate. It does have the markings for TDC, but it's not correct for the 2.7 ( not a big deal, you just have to make your own markings). Otherwise, there is an adapter ring that bolts onto the flat flywheel to allow the stock clutch system's use.

If our host doesn't have them available, check with Patrick Motorsports or Kennedy Engineering. They should be able to help you out.
Peashooter
Thanks for the info....I was searching this site and got the idea that the Kennedy set up works well. I have the 2.7 flywheel on the engine, and have added the markings for use in the 914. I'll give them a call and see what they say!
Perry Kiehl Clone
Just get a 914-6 flywheel and you can use a heavy duty 914-4 pressure plate.
Steve
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl Clone @ May 19 2015, 06:06 PM) *

Just get a 914-6 flywheel and you can use a heavy duty 914-4 pressure plate.

agree.gif That's what I did with my 2.7. Just get a 911 2.0 Flywheel and stock clutch and have fun!! The 2.7 915 flywheel adapter from Kennedy, PMS, etc. uses a modified 228mm bus clutch and has a much firmer pedal. I am a big fan of stock whenever possible.
rgalla9146

You don't need no stinkin' adapter. Just because someone makes them doesn't mean they're necessary.
Perry and Steve are right, use stock parts
Peashooter
Well, I ordered a new flywheel and clutch set up to keep everything factory. I thought about ordering the QSC cheapo flywheel, but couldn't bring myself to do it, so I am getting a german made piece. I was concerned about the increased clutch pedal pressure with the adapter/bus clutch route, and don't want to worry about the cable tube coming loose. Hopefully the car will be back on the road after a 3 year restoration and at least 30 years off the road!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.