Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Does anyone have a tried and true suggestion for a brand and source for a fuel pump to be located in the vicinity of the original pump location for my conversion to carbs?

I have dual 40's fitted to a 2.2L 4 and have routed a 3/8" SS line from the tank/tunnel to the firewall in the engine compartment.

Thanks for the input. beerchug.gif
screenguy914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ May 19 2015, 06:03 PM) *

Does anyone have a tried and true suggestion for a brand and source for a fuel pump to be located in the vicinity of the original pump location for my conversion to carbs?

I have dual 40's fitted to a 2.2L 4 and have routed a 3/8" SS line from the tank/tunnel to the firewall in the engine compartment.

Thanks for the input. beerchug.gif

What are the pressure requirements?

Kansas 914
i like the Carter Rotary. Self regulated for carbs and very quiet.

Carotor

http://carterfuelsystems.com/fuelpumps/universal_fp.php
patssle
Running that Carter on my /6 and previous ran it on my /4 as well. I don't see the point of having a high pressure fuel system if it can be avoided.
larryM

simple - just get a Facet pump from any of 1000 suppliers online - perfect for carbs -

Facet pumps

also get a pressure regulator to keep the psi around 3

forrestkhaag
Thanks to all for the info / I went with the Carter pump after hearing a few reports on reliability and relative quietness from folks that are currently running that pump without incident / although noise is not an issue with my 914 - which is purposefully missing firewall padding, all heater and ventilation garb under the cowl, back pad sound deadening materials, etc. etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.