Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gb - shifter knobs $19.99 each while supplies last
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Shifter knobs best price ever! combine with any other other GBs to save. Who wants one?
Mblizzard
Yep I will have one!
IanJ
Hi Mikey. Can you get them with Subaru shift pattern?
TheCabinetmaker
I will have three Mark.
MJHanna
I'll take one
SA-914
I'll take one...
puffinator
I'll take one
Hank914
I'll take one.
Shadowfax
Man, I'm gonna go broke buying your stuff haha. I don't even think I need one but put me down anyway. Thanks!
Kansas 914
I need one as well - thanks!

Will there be a link to the GB price?
Mikey914
QUOTE(IanJ @ May 20 2015, 02:02 AM) *

Hi Mikey. Can you get them with Subaru shift pattern?

Yes, but the cost for a one off is a bit more. Can you provide the graphic inlay?
Mikey914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ May 20 2015, 07:46 AM) *

I need one as well - thanks!

Will there be a link to the GB price?

There will be, and I'm also hiding Easter eggs all over the site. There's a really big one too!
Cuda911
Does it come with a crush washer?
Mikey914
Nope
matthepcat
I have one of these on my car. It's very nice, and 914rubber sells the crush washers.
satche

I would like to have one.
ctkellett
I will take one.
edrotol
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 20 2015, 01:06 AM) *

Shifter knobs best price ever! combine with any other other GBs to save. Who wants one?

I will take one
PanelBilly
I want one too
Mike D.
I'll take one!
Do have it in the 1970 pattern?
:-)

he he he...
11tenths
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 20 2015, 04:06 AM) *

Too good to pass up! I'm in.
Mikey914
I'll be PM'ing all that reply with the link as soon as I open these up.
Also hid some Easter Eggs on the site one big one.
dangerranger01
I'll take one as well!

I just ordered parts on Monday, haven't seen its been shipped, but can it be added to the box?
Mikey914
Drop me your name via pm. I would have thought it would have been shipped but ill check.
Mark
sixers34926
I'm in.
Last930
I'll take one
dlkawashima
One for me. Thanks!
Amphicar770
I will take one if still available. Thx
EdwardBlume
I'll take one. Is it just like in the picture?
kwlane
I'll take one.
partsman
I'm in for one too...

(Actually, just placed my order for this and the speaker pods.... figured while I was there, I'd get them.)
GregAmy
"In".
mbseto
Please add me to the list.
Mikey914
Group buy open all PMs sent
914bub
I want one if they're still available
Mikey914
Still have a few left.
Blue6
I'd like to have one for my 914 special edition. Thanx
IanJ
As per PM's. Would it be possible to get with the OEM style inlay but Subaru shift pattern?
http://www.streetfx.com.au/cms/wp-content/...shifter_wrx.jpg
Mikey914
It may be possible to do some up later, but not in this batch. Sorry we can look at these next run.
Rocky
I will definitely take one!
harlenl
I'll take one as well if there are any left. Let me know how to pay for it.

thanks

Harlen
TheCabinetmaker
I went to the website and ordered two knobs. Then when I went to checkout the shipping cost was $37.00fedex. Wtf? Sorry mark, but I refuse to pay that when they will fit in a small flat rate box (your site says you do not do flat rate?) for 6 bucks.
Rleog
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ May 24 2015, 07:38 AM) *

I went to the website and ordered two knobs. Then when I went to checkout the shipping cost was $37.00fedex. Wtf? Sorry mark, but I refuse to pay that when they will fit in a small flat rate box (your site says you do not do flat rate?) for 6 bucks.

I just tried the postage for this knob on his site, for delivery to the Boston area. U.S. Postal comes in at $8.15, and Fed Ex at $11.33. But that was for one knob.
Mikey914
I re input the size in as it should have allowed it to combine. It appears to work as it should now. Let me know if you have any problems.
Mark
GregAmy
I received the knob this week and installed...thanks! What I had before was some generic knob with an Allen set screw. This design is obviously different.

Very all that is involved in installing this is to put the crush sleeve inside the knob and push down on the shaft as far as it will go? That's what I did but it rotates a bit under force, just wanted to ensure that's normal.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Jun 5 2015, 12:54 PM) *

I received the knob this week and installed...thanks! What I had before was some generic knob with an Allen set screw. This design is obviously different.

Very all that is involved in installing this is to put the crush sleeve inside the knob and push down on the shaft as far as it will go? That's what I did but it rotates a bit under force, just wanted to ensure that's normal.

Should not rotate at all.
Usually you need a rubber or leather mallet to drive the knob down over the shaft and crush ring.
GregAmy
Hmmm, OK. Note that by "it rotates" I mean I can rotate it with my hand, it does not spin freely on the shaft. It has resistance, but it's not as "rotationally-secure" as the Allen-set-screw one I removed.
Mikey914
The issue very well be a reused or weak crush gasket. I know even the new ones aren't great. I cheat and add a drop of epoxy on it. it helps it to "grab" a little better.

I've used this technique to re use them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.