Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original battery cover?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next
My '73 came with what I believe is the battery cover that was installed during a recall. The one below also came with the car and I assume is the original? Looks like there may have been some type of hold-down strap on both ends?

Also found this box of fuses under a seat. Anyone know if this is a FLAPS box of fuses or did these come shipped with the car?

Thanks

SteveClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
Old Yella
Its a rubber band 65cm long 10mm wide. I have a picture of it somewhere. Amazingly mine is still good after 40 years.
Dave_Darling
Those short fuses are too short to fit anywhere in a 914 that I can think of. Which tells me this box is from a FLAPS.

--DD
914Next
QUOTE(Old Yella @ May 20 2015, 11:44 AM) *

Its a rubber band 65cm long 10mm wide. I have a picture of it somewhere. Amazingly mine is still good after 40 years.

Interesting. Would have never guessed a rubber band. Thanks.
Tom_T
Yes Steve, the HO Recall was for the battery acid on the cloth covered fuel lines, that replaced those in engine bay lines with rubber lines & a full rectangle batteryt cover (usually an Audi part number).

That battery cover in pic was the original 914 one & correct strap noted above.

You can go to the Porsche website's Classics area, & under documents download a free pdf version of the 914 PET parts manual to see the parts & numbers & MY applicable, etc. with diagrams.

BTW - for those with 914's & not sure if the HO Recall (or any other applicable to your MY 914) - they are still valid & Porsche MUST perform them at owner request if not done before by Porsche, so call PCNA with your VIN & the list of Recalls applicable, then they'll have you take to a dealer to verify not done & schedule you to do it once parts are acquired.

Jeff Bowlsby's Classic 914 website has a page on the recalls to look yours up.

PS - Also the O&H nailed thread "The few, the rare...." also has pix of the recall stickers on Steve G's Sahara Beige 73 & Jeff's website has various ones - if your 914 is lucky enough to be all original as is this one of Steve the OP, & all 914's are subject to the HO Recall due to the early engine fire problems.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914Next
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 20 2015, 11:53 AM) *

Those short fuses are too short to fit anywhere in a 914 that I can think of. Which tells me this box is from a FLAPS.

--DD

Thanks, Dave. I thought so but my curiosity had to be satisfied.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.