Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm such a CSOB
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
As the title says, I'm a CSOB. A CSOB that has been lusting for a pair of new Porsche side mirrors. IMHO, it's the only one that has the proper look. No inference here as we get to dress up our 914's to our own liking! Back on topic; I found a new mirror in Portugal for $150 to my door and I had just sold an unneeded 914 item for $150 so.............

Click to view attachment

As stupid (which I am BTW) as this sounds, it was the only way I would pull the trigger. I couldn't bring myself to pay almost $400 for a pair but apparently I'm comfortable with basically splitting that cost over 2 orders. WTF.gif Of course this will mean a paint job will be in order after I weld up the extra holes. So in reality that 2nd mirror will really set me back a few $$. dry.gif
sb914
You cheap sob poke.gif
eric9144
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 20 2015, 08:53 AM) *

Of course this will mean a paint job will be in order after I weld up the extra holes.

...And here we go down the slippery slope shades.gif poke.gif
KELTY360

I couldn't bring myself to pay almost $400 for a pair but apparently I'm comfortable with basically splitting that cost over 2 orders.

confused24.gif So, what's the point? Sounds right to me.
Bob L.
QUOTE(eric9144 @ May 20 2015, 11:09 AM) *

Of course this will mean a paint job will be in order after I weld up the extra holes.

...And here we go down the slippery slope shades.gif poke.gif

That's what being cheap will get you. Been there.
r_towle
CSOB hole filling.

Use putty and nail polish, call it done.

rich
Tom
Kent,
Just slap a race sticker over the holes! biggrin.gif
I be cheaper than you! LOL!! smile.gif
Tom
EdwardBlume
Two words: baby tornado. If you really are a CSOB.
Big Len
I am now convinced Mustang mirrors are the way to go.
Chris H.
The good thing is your car is black. Easy to do a temporary fix.
mgp4591
So do we have a thread where folks 'fess up to the true level of their CSOBness? Not only could it possibly be soul cleansing, it may throw a couple of unseen innovations out there for everyone to see. I've heard "do this, do that" and have had lots of helpful comments, but being a certifiable CSOB myself I'm thinking some of us could use a support group... idea.gif
Big Len
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 20 2015, 11:53 AM) *

As the title says, I'm a CSOB. A CSOB that has been lusting for a pair of new Porsche side mirrors. IMHO, it's the only one that has the proper look. No inference here as we get to dress up our 914's to our own liking! Back on topic; I found a new mirror in Portugal for $150 to my door and I had just sold an unneeded 914 item for $150 so.............

Click to view attachment

As stupid (which I am BTW) as this sounds, it was the only way I would pull the trigger. I couldn't bring myself to pay almost $400 for a pair but apparently I'm comfortable with basically splitting that cost over 2 orders. WTF.gif Of course this will mean a paint job will be in order after I weld up the extra holes. So in reality that 2nd mirror will really set me back a few $$. dry.gif

Next time, check Yelp http://www.yelp.com/biz/sierra-madre-collection-pasadena

I got the same OEM mirror for a couple of bucks less without going thru Portugal. It'll work with any part they have.

76-914
QUOTE(Big Len @ May 21 2015, 09:14 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ May 20 2015, 11:53 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Next time, check Yelp http://www.yelp.com/biz/sierra-madre-collection-pasadena

I got the same OEM mirror for a couple of bucks less without going thru Portugal. It'll work with any part they have.

Ahh, Ye of little faith. This is most likely where my 2nd one will come from and they are close in price but............Because I am a CA resident I would pay tax and when you factor in shipping, even regional rate, I was about $7 ahead buying the one in Portugal. As I mentioned it was $150 to the door. But thanks for looking out for me. beerchug.gif And to the earlier poster; We do have a CSOB Tool thread. If your looking to start that Support Group I'm pretty sure most of the CSOB's exposed themselves in that thread. lol-2.gif
Big Len
Wow, very good....You are a cheap SOB.

Sorry, I guess I'm not up to your level yet.

I suppose I'm just a cheap bastard until I graduate the acadamy.
SLITS
I'm a CASOB. I don't have mirrors. My car is so fast I only worry about what is in front of me. Anything behind is of no concern. poke.gif
r_towle
A true certified CASOB would not have a computer or internet, just sayin
eric9144
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 21 2015, 06:24 PM) *

A true certified CASOB would not have a computer or internet, just sayin

C'mon Rich this is why our neighbors have wifi...isn't it? confused24.gif happy11.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 21 2015, 04:28 PM) *

I'm a CASOB. I don't have mirrors. My car is so fast I only worry about what is in front of me. Anything behind is of no concern. poke.gif

Hey, I've heard that line before... Raul Julia I believe. "Watza beehinda mee, izza notta importennt..." shades.gif
Chris H.
I think "innovative" SOB is better. "cheap" is when what you end up with is not nearly as good as the normal way. Most of the time the way you guys do it is less expensive AND as good or better. You're ISOB's.

Are these installed yet Kent? poke.gif biggrin.gif
76-914
"It" isn't installed yet, Chris. I need to buy it's mate. I did order the screws for both sides though. biggrin.gif Having the screws in hand should trick me into ordering that other mirror. lol-2.gif I'm thinking another -10 for the r side. I don't like the magnified mirrors. Any thought's on that from those in the know. Also, and maybe I should ask this in the Originality Forum, but did they ever come with the drivers side mirror only?
SLITS
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 22 2015, 07:14 AM) *

. Also, and maybe I should ask this in the Originality Forum, but did they ever come with the drivers side mirror only?

I believe they ALL came with the driver's side. The passenger side was added by the dealer or owner as the nuts are there to mount it on most doors.

Years ago I heard a rumor that they actually made a passenger side mirror with "Objects are closer than they appear".

My passenger side mirrors were just driver's flipped.
76-914
So some Euro models might have had only a drivers side mirror? Anyone have a pic of a 914 with a single side mirror?
SLITS
Kent ... my '74 is single sided.
eric9144
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 22 2015, 09:23 PM) *

agree.gif Mine too, always thought about adding a second mirror but...Refer back to the title of the thread drunk.gif
76-914
QUOTE(eric9144 @ May 22 2015, 09:52 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ May 22 2015, 09:23 PM) *

agree.gif Mine too, always thought about adding a second mirror but...Refer back to the title of the thread drunk.gif

Spot on, Eric. Just wondered how one looks with just one mirror. As a matter of safety I will install 2. I would like to see a pic or 2 if'n there out there.
eric9144
So after this and the whole left mirror right mirror searches...

Did you know, Sierra Madre has these for $138.60 beerchug.gif (Left Side)
http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/914-9...914-p25199.html

The (real) right side mirrors are unicorn parts and really are NLA...
76-914
QUOTE(eric9144 @ May 28 2015, 02:13 PM) *

So after this and the whole left mirror right mirror searches...

Did you know, Sierra Madre has these for $138.60 beerchug.gif (Left Side)
http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/914-9...914-p25199.html

The (real) right side mirrors are unicorn parts and really are NLA...

See post #13. rolleyes.gif
r_towle
Honestly have not looked in ages...

Can't you just turn the mirror around and use it on either side???
eric9144
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 28 2015, 07:29 PM) *

See post #13. rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah...taxes...I forgot that part dry.gif
eric9144
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 28 2015, 08:00 PM) *

Can't you just turn the mirror around and use it on either side???

Yes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.