Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Misleading eBay ad for Phonedials?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
So the ad mentions 4 15x7 rims being professionally detailed, yet the ad is only for 3 rims...then they say you can purchase a 4th rim in another auction however that 4th rim is a different size(16x7)?

And when is a set of wheels only 3 and not 4?

I also like how they price 1 wheel at half the price of 3 wheels....

Misleading eBay ad?

Our loss is your gain! Our body shop refinished four of these wheels for a customer only to find that they were the wrong ones as well as being mismatched!!!!!!! These 7x15 inch wheels are for the 87 and up 944 and 968 models as they have the larger offset. Our bodyshop charged 150 each to refinish with soda blasting and then base coat clear coat, so you will be absolutely delighted with these ready to bolt on wheels. Factory part number is 944 362 104 00 Very low opening bid to cover our costs. Please see our other auction for the fourth refinished wheel a 7x16 turbo wheel! Over the next three months we are into an accelerated listing mode for many of our used parts adding at least 30 new items each week. Please look for them along with the one thousand plus other parts on this site as well as the almost 3000 new Porsche parts on our other e bay site automobileatlanta! Please combine items and save BIG on shipping. Also do not hesitate to call us at any time if you have questions. 800 792 4944
TheCabinetmaker
Well, it does say automobile Atlanta. That should speak volumes.
SLITS
I gave a set of phone dials away ... yes ... for free.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 20 2015, 12:52 PM) *

I gave a set of phone dials away ... yes ... for free.

I bought a set locally for $100 w/ good tires. The only use I've gotten out of them was I used a pair as tow wheels when we went to Bonneville so I wouldn't risk damage to the rear race tires in transit.

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Walking thru the maze of the ad, 3 wheels are common. 2 wheels make a pair so I can only imagine the 'set' is comprised of 3 wheels. I guess....I wonder if all 4 were purchased from &@ and then refinished. Go to da club and ask george to explain it. Check out an old &@ paper catalog and look at what they asked for used 4 lug Fuch. Prob only slightly curbed. Oh, price out the per item on the correct lugs for the 4 lug. I wish.
r_towle
Or,

Ignore it and look locally, like EASY in CA.
Mike Bellis
15x7 is the one size I don't have...

I'm a phone dial hoarder piratenanner.gif ...
Mike Bellis
BTW, the 1986 944 Turbo has ET23 offset and are the best ones to get. One year only wheel made by ATS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.