Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sail panel structure.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Archie
Hello Group,

I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this problem before? Rebuilding the driver's side sail panel and to my horror, the donor intermediate panel doesn't fit! So, question: did the factory change the intermediate panel pressing during the production run? The car is a '72, but the donor panel year is unknown. Please see pics.

Click to view attachmentPhoto 1 shows the donor (replacement) panel clamped in place, and at the bottom you can just spot my fingertips
under the lower lip.

Click to view attachmentPhoto 2 shows a close-up of the gap that my fingers can crawl into!

Click to view attachmentPhoto 3 shows the donor panel with it's original inner panel and absolutely no gap as per my car before I started!

It's a complete mystery as all dimensions check out and even a contour gauge reveals no measurable differences!
r_towle
A hammer....what you need.
wndsnd
I agree, a little working of the panel is necessary. Maybe some trimming, or bending, or coercing with a BFH.

All in the fun of it.

Archie
Thanks. I happen to be an alumnus of the College of BFH-ology!
Chris Pincetich
sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif type.gif smash.gif beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.