Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test for AA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eric914
Purchased a pair of late model ball joints on Saturday. Salesman said the computer shows they are in stock (and theirfor eligable for the 20% sale) but he seemed a little hesitant and siad they would get back to me to confirm if they are in stock. If not in stock no sale price.

I would like to give them the benifite of the doubt and the fact that they are trying.

So... placed order Saturday. With most vendors I should have my order by next Monday at the latest. List price for the joints was $49.90each. Sale price should be $39.92.

Will update this when I get my stuff.
BIGKAT_83
Drove over to Atlanta on Saturday and picked up a few things. All of the parts I wanted were in stock and at the 20% off price. Wished I'd been able to buy alot more.
I looked at a 27K mile car that they had just sold when I was waiting for my parts. It was as nice as they come.

Very happy with the service. Lets do this every saturday

Bob
d914
drove over to AA and didn't give me a call, 20 mins away, and working on a 914.....

I'm crushed, my son didnt really want a running 914 in his life time.....Feel the guilt yet???? wavey.gif
scotty b
mad.gif I had to leave last weekend for Wyoming so I left my dad to order some parts for me. I EXPECTED to get home to the parts and get cranking BUT.... He in formed me that he orderd the parts on Sat. and on Fri got a call that they didn't have a street address for me!! 10 years I have been buying parts from them and NOW they don't have my street address??? finger.gif The more things change...the mopre they stay the same!
rhodyguy
here's a trick to save on the long distance bill (if it still works) when you want to know what's up with the order. don't enter into the the recorded menu. pretend you're on a rotary phone and you might get through much faster. if you are too young to know what a rotary phone is.... you are too young. biggrin.gif

k
Series9
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Feb 26 2005, 09:34 AM)
here's a trick to save on the long distance bill

Here's a trick to save on long distance: call PP or GPR to order your parts.

I keep getting offers from Treadway to 'mend fences'. Greg, you can mend fences with me by treating the 914 community with the respect it deserves. If you do and continue doing it for the next fifteen years our fence will be mended. You can't fix the last fifteen years of abuse overnight.

And don't send me any more books for which I have no use to adresses where I no longer reside. You can't buy my public silence.

All you have to do is conduct business in an honest respectful way. Start now.
rhodyguy
easy joe, or, NO SOUP FOR YOU, NEXT!!! at the track lunch in april. wink.gif . the phone trick was better that sitting and listening to the pap while on hold when you want to know why the s/h was $7 for 2 roll pins.

k
xitspd
I bought a GT grille several years ago form AA. The quality was poor and I returned it with authorization. Following the products return for which I paid, I called several times to get my American Express credited. As of today I have never received the credit. That was my last and final purchase!
rhodyguy
you either... NEXT!!! w00t.gif

k
eric914
Well, test over.

Got parts friday. Ball joints are Lemforder, germen made.

Final price for the pair $90 including S&H.

They passed the test.

Mabe with enough public attention thet will change their ways. As our cars age we will need vendors who are willing to stock parts for 30 year+ old cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.