Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where o where is a 30m oil pump ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rush
where can I find a 30mm oil pump..w/ cover
I do a search and every parts house in the lower 48
says they have ...only to find what they have is a o ring
or a gasket or lock...but no pump confused24.gif
mr914
There was an aftermarket pump..
Think the brand was melling, had on caused all kinds of havoc. Along with the high pressure oil piston kit.

Steve, the freak, built a super vee spec motor for me. And I ran the car at heartland park Topeka at a PCA event... Damn, that was a fun motor, ran like a rotary, no torque curve, from 2000-7250. Limited by msds, 6AL...

Filled the puke can, overflowed it... Cracked a cooler/fitting/adapter....

Made oil come from every oraface. Valve covers, oil cooler seals, oil fill seal

Poor Denny lapping behind me in his '89 turbo look. 23k miles, concourse car.

Sprayed a few other cars as wheel that weekend. Rather misted hissyfit.gif

Hence my 71' track car was known as the "914 from hell"

My apologies to those that I sprayed for the hours that you spent with a qtip, re-detailing your car.

Yes it was fun, but I personally think that using a melling or other high performance oil pump is not worth the aggravation.

Now, if I was running a bus in a high torque low rpm application in the mojave desert, that would be a completely different application, and that pump could work for the 10 extra quarts of oil to keep everything cool.

My 2 cents. Your mileage may vary, depending on your driving conditions, octane and driving style....
QUOTE(rush @ May 21 2015, 10:56 PM) *

where can I find a 30mm oil pump..w/ cover
I do a search and every parts house in the lower 48
says they have ...only to find what they have is a o ring
or a gasket or lock...but no pump confused24.gif

I believe that FAT Performance in Orange County California has what you are looking for.
Madswede
Not to pick on the obvious typo in the subject header, but I was thinking to myself, "how can you miss a 30 meter oil pump?!" blink.gif
rush
....it was underneath the 700 metre car
Jake Raby
They have their place.. Open clearances inside engines can use the added volume.

The only think I like about them is the pump body doesn't expand like aluminum, so the clearance between the gears and pump body stays tighter. The negative is the engine case expands more greatly than the pump body.

If you find one for a VW type 1 for an "A" cam gear, then its the same as the unit for the T4.
rush
Jake thanks info !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.