Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mahle repops?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
Got an email today that the Mahle repro gasburner wheels are back in stock at cip1. Though they're either black with polished spokes or chromed, I figured you could have them painted silver to replicate the original Mahle look. Has anyone had any experience with these for a strictly street wheel? It would be a nice look on a 914-6 narrow body?
rhodyguy
the 4 lug version fits nicely on a stock narrow body car running 195/60-15 tires. it was a white car, they looked great with the black finish.
sixnotfour
good for modifying tooo..
SixerJ
I have a few 'in stock' av-943.gif if only.....

Click to view attachment
MikeM
I might be interested in the 4 lug version if they are available, but I can't find them on the website. Do you have a link maybe?
Thanks.
Jake Raby
These might look good on my car.. I had pretty much decided to go 5 lug with Fuchs, but these will pop big time and be a lot cheaper.
Mueller
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 23 2015, 03:43 AM) *

I'm guessing yours are the real deal? The repops do not look as good (at least these versions), they screwed up and made the ribs and face too close to the outer edge. Poor copy or done to protect from lawsuits?

Click to view attachment

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 22 2015, 02:50 PM) *

the 4 lug version fits nicely on a stock narrow body car running 195/60-15 tires. it was a white car, they looked great with the black finish.

Got pics?
rhodyguy
no pictures. they were on a white car sold at camp914 in 2013 (iirc). so what if they aren't a exact copy of the OEM 5 lug? they should be as durable as any cast wheel. seeing as how you can't come close to touching a real one for the cost of 4 repops, delivered, you can have the look you want at an affordable price.
Mueller
http://www.camp914.com/soldcars.html

Found it....

I just like the look of the original version with the wider lip, if the repops looked just like the originals ones my wallet would be open right now smile.gif
dlkawashima
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ May 22 2015, 02:34 PM) *
I figured you could have them painted silver to replicate the original Mahle look.

You might want to look into the JGE GeeBee wheel:

http://www.vwjava.webeden.co.uk/jge-wheels/4532880156
IPB Image
GeorgeRud
Those with a five lugbolt circle and correct offset would be the ticket.
Johny Blackstain
I often wish original magnesium gas burners existed in 15x6 & 15x7.
Mueller
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ May 23 2015, 02:17 PM) *

I figured you could have them painted silver to replicate the original Mahle look.

IPB Image

All silver looks better....

I'd bet money they machine/diamond turn the lip and spokes on the other versions.

Mueller
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 23 2015, 03:43 AM) *

Nice job on those....I just spent the last 1/2 hour searching and reading any thread by you that included Mahles in the subject smile.gif
sixnotfour
I did a lot of corner rounding to make em look more like the real deal...well besides welding a 1 inch lip to the outside to make 6.5 wide..
rhodyguy
At $3689, plus any shipping, I'll pass on the JGE versions.
dlkawashima
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 24 2015, 11:32 AM) *

At $3689, plus any shipping, I'll pass on the JGE versions.

Well no, no one would buy at that price. It's £595 for a set of four or £620 for a set of four with center caps.

http://www.javaglobalenterprises.com/geebee.htm
TheCabinetmaker
For us folks who don't deal in euros, just how much is that in u.s.dollars?
dlkawashima
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ May 24 2015, 01:22 PM) *

For us folks who don't deal in euros, just how much is that in u.s.dollars?

Ask Google, and the price is in British Pounds, not Euros

TJB/914
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 23 2015, 11:49 PM) *

QUOTE(dlkawashima @ May 23 2015, 02:17 PM) *

IPB Image

All silver looks better....

I'd bet money they machine/diamond turn the lip and spokes on the other versions.

Real Orig. Mahle 4-spoke wheel w00t.gif

Tom
mepstein
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ May 24 2015, 10:01 PM) *

Real Orig. Mahle 4-spoke wheel w00t.gif

Tom

Here's the car they came from. Really the perfect candidate - 1 owner, low mileage, driven by a retired doctor. Car was left at mechanics for 5 years and forgotten. Not good for steel but no ill effects to the aluminum wheels. Then TJB stepped in and made them look amazing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.