Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multi colored front bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914bub
I've got a question about multi colored front bumpers. To be more specific I'm wondering about the ones that are painted half black and orange,(or yellow),side to side. Meaning from the center of the hood one side is black and the other is orange,(or yellow).

Are these "tribute" color schemes to original race cars? I say that as I see the combo on cars that are track driven,(as seen in some of your avatars). If that is the case can anybody tell me why the factory did it?

I was also wondering if other manufacturers did it, like maybe it was a particular racing class or???
JmuRiz
It was/is a race thing, so the teams can differentiate which car is which (timing and pits)
914bub
Cool, Thanks! So do different manufactures use different colors or???
SirAndy
QUOTE(914bub @ May 22 2015, 06:32 PM) *
Cool, Thanks! So do different manufactures use different colors or???

Nope, if your team is running 3 orange 914 GTs you want to know who is coming into the pit lane.

It's hard to read numbers looking at a car dead on. So you use different colored front bumpers on each of your cars to identify them easier.
smile.gif
brant
Communication before telemetry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.