Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: touch up paint for Original Paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mistro
I have a 73 with Signal Orange paint. After my last repair, I need to "touch up" a ding where the scoket landed, cause the towel slid off (need to get one of those service bras). Do Porsche dealsers have touch up paint for cars 32 years old? If not where does one get this stuff? Thanks in advance. Michael
Type 4
You can take the paint code off of the Ds door jamb and go to your Auto body supply house and get some mixed up.
Your paint may be faded slightly so you may want to remove the small piece in front of the headlight and have them scan it and mix to that rather than the paint code.
Rog914
You can also check out Paintscratch.comthat's where I got my touch-up paint from. Matched up real good.

Ralph
Porsche Rescue
Go to Towerpaint.com. They will mix your color in a touch-up bottle with a brush/cap and/or in a spray can, UPS to your door. Not cheap, but good.
Robert21
cool_shades.gif i use paintscratch . always had good luck with them
they will sell you the paint anyway you want it . fast delivery
not cheap , but it the right color .
ablose58
Just tried paintscratch.com and they had no listing for metallic delphi puke green biggrin.gif
mistro
Where do we find the color code on a 914. Thanks in advance. Michael
DuckRyder
QUOTE (ablose58 @ Feb 21 2005, 11:21 PM)
Just tried paintscratch.com and they had no listing for metallic delphi puke green biggrin.gif

You can E-Mail them and they will see if they can do it.

You also might try looking at later or erlier models than yours actually is.

mistro
Is there a paint code on the car somewhere?
DuckRyder
QUOTE (mistro @ Mar 15 2005, 07:53 PM)
Is there a paint code on the car somewhere?

Left door jamb on hinge pillar.

approx 1" square plate

Will have the color code stamped in it.
mistro
Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.