Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newly Rebuilt #GA 2056 EngineSOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Larmo63
I have decided to build a 2.7 911 motor for my car, so this is for sale: 2056 Type IV engine with all the right stuff. Balanced, align bored, lightened flywheel. Has carb cam, rebuilt heads, I have full specs available and receipts. Built by European Motor Works in SoCal. Weber carbs are 40s, powder coated tin, rebuilt alternator. New blue coil on it now. Pick up in SoCal or I can help with delivery within reason. I can also palletize, you arrange drop shipper. $4500/offers?

Larmo63
Click to view attachment
malcolm2
Hell it looks good. Put it in and drive while you build.
euro911
You gonna try to get your convex mirror back then?

rolleyes.gif
72914wrx
What so the 2.0 not good enough anymore . My 2.0 keeps up with all the sixies but I have a turbo . What's the hp on the 2056.
forrestkhaag
Larmo is just beginning his slide down the slippery slope of the desire for more and more power. His psychosis has evolved over time and is illustrated by his recent addition of GT headlight tidbits to his chameleon-like car.......

My experience with this character is that he will succeed in this latest puruit / over an unknown period of time.... beerchug.gif
Blue6
Forrest, I agree with your slippery slope diagnosis. Once Lawrence got the WCR helmet and goggles, it was all downhill. biggrin.gif
euro911
Well, it's apparent why he needs a '6' now - those European train bumpers aren't that aerodynamic and just add to the drag coefficient:

Click to view attachment
72wrxporsche914
You can't have those lights on a narrow bodied car. I'll start looking for fender flares .
Larmo63
The Cibies are off of the car for now. bootyshake.gif
jim_hoyland
Hmmmmmmmm......Interesting, and so close
Blue6
Lawrence, I think the lights look great, but I drive a slant nose and you know what that says about my tastes....
914bub
I remember when he talked about selling. I gotta get out with you guys before I contemplate the same.
forrestkhaag
My new engine build is going in today or tomorrow depending on fuel pump delivery to my place in Laguna. I will give our pal Larmo a ride thereafter so he can drop his pipe dream of a big 6 for the time being (and his satisfaction with his 1.7) and go ahead and install his mighty four.

this all started with the installation of the roundels, the Pegasus decals, and the wearing of great domed helmets and bug-eyed goggles. We should all take heed if this is what happens to an otherwise normal person, once smitten with a 914....

beerchug.gif

Sidebar: Mark: There is an infinitely small error in your assumptions that have you arriving at the wrong conclusions... Larmo can shed some light on this once he reinstalls his searchlights.
euro911
Lawrence - you haven't even driven your car with the 2056 in it? confused24.gif

You're missing out on a lot of fun driving.gif
colingreene
Hes been in mine with a 2258 so..
I still think hes caught a case of mild retardation and wont listen to me.
What else is new.
jim_hoyland
You didn't have the 2056 at WCR ?
forrestkhaag
he was running his bone-stock 1.7 as was I at the WCR. Today is the day for my new build to go in. Collin: I may need to hire you for a lesson in carb tuning and what to (and not to) do....

Also, any referrals to a source for a cool catch-can would be appreciated.

beerchug.gif
72wrxporsche914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ May 29 2015, 08:48 AM) *

he was running his bone-stock 1.7 as was I at the WCR. Today is the day for my new build to go in. Collin: I may need to hire you for a lesson in carb tuning and what to (and not to) do....

Also, any referrals to a source for a cool catch-can would be appreciated.

beerchug.gif

Every time I see that pic it makes me smile . Not because lamo68 it's because my car is in the background and he's making it famous.
Larmo63
Forrest, hard at work…..

Click to view attachment
colingreene
I really think its not officially your 914 till you have been in the engine bay
Dion
Nothing wrong with a Cibie's and a 2056!
Gruppe B fantasy. biggrin.gif
Good luck with the sale. 2056 very fun.
Buy Lawrence's motor.
somd914
PM sent
euro911
QUOTE(Dion @ May 30 2015, 10:08 AM) *
Nothing wrong with a Cibie's and a 2056! ...
Big tits look good with wide hips shades.gif
Evil914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 29 2015, 03:36 PM) *

Forrest, hard at work…..
lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
Click to view attachment

So is this how the 914 madness ends? You end up in your engineless shell making strange motor-like noises until they come to take you away?
MoreRust
I sent you a PM...probably interested, would like some details.
forrestkhaag
Photoshop is an amazing tool......
Cj Honeycutt
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 26 2015, 06:26 PM) *

I have decided to build a 2.7 911 motor for my car, so this is for sale: 2056 Type IV engine with all the right stuff. Balanced, align bored, lightened flywheel. Has carb cam, rebuilt heads, I have full specs available and receipts. Built by European Motor Works in SoCal. Weber carbs are 40s, powder coated tin, rebuilt alternator. New blue coil on it now. Pick up in SoCal or I can help with delivery within reason. I can also palletize, you arrange drop shipper. $4500/offers?

Click to view attachment

Which Cam (manufacturer, model,...) ? Thanks !
Larmo63
Engine is no longer available.
euro911
Sold? ... or keeping?

driving.gif
swood
Did you ever run that 2056? Curious about the quality of the build.
I need a motor...
Larmo63
This motor is for sale. I'll check the build sheet on the cam. please pm me for specs/info….
Larmo63
New lower price…… $4300.00
Larmo63
New price this week, $4100.

This is a newly rebuilt GA code engine from a '73 Porsche. It is a 2056 now with rebuilt Weber carburetors. It was rebuilt by reputable builder European Motor Works in Hawthorne, Ca. Case has been cleaned, align bored, oil galley holes tapped and plugged, rebuilt rods, polished crank, new bearings, all balanced, flywheel lightened and balanced, New KB pistons, bored stock barrels, new KB rings, all new seals, new Webcam cam & gear, new solid lifters, new oil pump, 2 sets of valve covers, 911 8mm adjusters in the heads, rebuilt heads, valves, & guides, 1.8 rockers. All powder coated tin, new wires, new fan belt, plugs, cleaned and painted fan shroud, rebuilt alternator. It has a brand new blue Bosch coil on it now and carb linkage, both not shown in the picture.
Sedonut
I was talking to some people in the know in So Cal, European Motor works is the place to get your type 4 built.

No affiliation, just thought I would mention it.

You should post receipts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.