Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS '75 914 2.0 $5000 OBO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
LevisJeanz
Click to view attachment

More pictures are on their way

Current condition:

Running and rebuilt 2.0l engine and a chassis with a few spots with very little surface rust where the original paint on the exterior has been compromised. The car runs, and drives. I have driven it up to freeway speeds. The entire brake hydraulic system has been rebuilt.

The Engine:

Rebuilt from the ground up. New parts include dual 34ICT carbs, distributor, ignition wires, plugs and various smaller components.

Engine Compartment/Battery shelf:

The battery shelf area has been completely repaired and painted. The rear trailing arms have also been repaired painted. The battery has been relocated to the center of the rear trunk compartment. Strut braces have been welded in and painted between the rear shock towers.

The Transmission, Clutch, and Shifter:

The clutch disk and pressure plate are new from Pelican Parts and the flywheel has been machined to the specified tolerances by a trusted shop. The new clutch disk is the 6 spring upgrade from the 911 of that year. It is an improvement over the 4 spring clutch disk that that was originally equipped. The shift lever has been rebuilt with the bushing kit available on pelican. The transmission has all new fluids and shifts into all gears.

The Brakes:

4-wheel disc brakes. Rotors are in good condition and the calipers have been rebuilt with a kit available from pelican parts. New braided stainless steel brake lines. The brake master cylinder is a brand new OEM equivalent, not the variant that has been prone to leakage. New performance pads.

Suspension:

The suspension is in good shape.

Wheels/Tires:

Installed are 4 brand new Khumo Ecsta 4X performance tires. 205/65R15. The rims are the Riviera style and are painted black.

Interior:

The interior is black and dash vinyl has a few narrow cracks. Black carpet that has been temporarily glued in place. Although it is easy to pull up if needed. ( I have had to on occasion to troubleshoot various things.)
The seats are in good condition. The passenger seat has a small tear in the left bolster that I have covered and looks pretty good.

The gas pedal has been replaced with a CNC milled aluminum part that feels much more accurate that stock. I also have matching CNC milled pedals for the clutch and brake that I haven't installed.
Installed is the original Blaupunkt tape player that was installed as a dealer option. I still have the factory speakers although they aren't installed because I planned on upgrading.
The rear window seal is brand new with OEM equivalent material.

Body:

The body has a few dents and a the paint job will need polishing and wax to bring some of the shine back.

Issues:

I am currently working to get the driver side blinker to work without blowing a fuse, wheels need to be balanced.

Other notable or new parts:

New Hella Headlights
performance exhaust
new Dual carbs ( replaced a failing FI system that I still have the parts for)
Modern Thermostat replacement to control the flaps in the engine tin
new seals for the oil cooler
New Head Temp Sender
New Oil pressure sender (for the dash light)
New VDO Head temp gauge ( shows actual number values to help avoid engine damage)
Gas tank cleaned and fuel sender rebuilt

I have put a little over 3 years of work into this car and would like to see it go to another passionate Porsche owner, hopefully someone with plans of using it for motorsports. . Asking $5000 OBO

Thanks for taking the time to read through everything!

Please feel free to contact me I am open to offers and will do my best to answer any questions that you may have.
914runnow
just with the read of your build..
your price seems too low..
lots of 914 folk up there..
look forward to the pics..
Thanx Rx
billh1963
Sounds like a nice car. Pictures verifying the lack of rust in the critical areas will probably see this car sold before the weekend!
iankarr
interested. would love to see more pics!
LevisJeanz
Here are some more pictures, Let me know if you would like a picture of something specifically.

Click to view attachment
LevisJeanz
Click to view attachment
LevisJeanz
Click to view attachment
LevisJeanz
This picture is a bit old, I have since reinstalled the lower section of the dash that also includes the air vents.

Click to view attachment
LevisJeanz
Click to view attachment
LevisJeanz
Click to view attachment
LevisJeanz
I am looking to sell this car rather soon, taking reasonable offers. I am surprised that there aren't more interested parties. Initially, it seemed like there was a decent amount of interest.

Feel free to email me at levicolton11@gmail.com or send me a PM and I will do my best to respond within 1 business day.
mepstein
The cut out rear trunk is a strange mod on a driver.
LevisJeanz
It was done by the previous owner though, It made working on it a lot easier. The previous owner had plans to put in a larger motor, but canceled them because of another 996 project he wanted to finish. There is also a cutout in the front trunk where the original intention by the previous owner was to add an external oil cooler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.