Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxster rear brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ws91420
Found a pair of boxster 4 piston brembos for rear at work. Can they be used on 914 front? Has anybody done it? Will they fit in a 15 in wheel.Inquiring minds want to know.
CptTripps
I'd love to work somewhere that you can 'find' Boxter brakes laying around...

...then again, I'll bet others would want to work somewhere that you can find iPods laying around.

I have NO clue...but a front e-brake could be fun!
mattillac
where the hell do you work? can we trade jobs for a day? rolleyes.gif
mattillac
are you asking if you can use just the caliper for your 914 front brakes? what kind of brakes do you have on your teener now? stock?
sj914
I don't think they make adaptors for the 3" caliper mounts. I can't recall the reason why, but I do remember that issue somewhere on this board.

seanery
I think you need 16" wheels (don't hold me to that though).
Check with Rich Johnson...he did my boxster rears on the back of bluecar, he'll know if you can do them up front, and he'll be able to do it.
Rich's email is A914Guy at AOL dot com
Eric_Shea
If he did Boxter rears on the rear then he should be able to place them on the front. Both have 3" mount spacing. I would say it's a matter of dough. You'll have to have a custom mount made up... but for a 914 strut?

Meaning: You'll be staying with a 4-lug system? The 914 spindle is smaller than the 911 spindle. And, then if you consider a 911 front end, why not make it a 3.5" strut which there are adapters made already?

I would guess a custom mount for a 914 strut would be just as expensive as purchasing a 911 strut and getting the adapters that are already made... confused24.gif

P.S. I agree with the wheel thing. You'll probably need to go 16"
seanery
yeah, my rear parts weren't cheap and he did those on a regular basis.
So you may want to bring $.
ws91420
I work at a used auto yard in the shipping dept. Sending out the one boxster motor we have this week. We also have a 4.1 v-8 and straight 4 in stock. Saw the boxster calipers sitting on the shelf while pulling parts to ship. Also have BMW, Jag motors in stock.
dlee1967
There is a local fellow in Houston that has these on his autocross car. I have one of his prototype adapters for the Boxter calipers that I plan on using for another project. He mentioned that Paragon in Corpus Christi has the adapters available. You might try there. DLee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.