Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help a SoCal Teener Out?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ehokana
Hey guys, I just got the car back from paint and body a couple of weeks ago, and finally got all of the interior parts back- now I'm itchin' to get the car back on the road.

My dad and I are planning to start the reassembly this weekend (assuming all goes well) but were wondering if anyone would be interested in stopping by to lend a hand next weekend (June 6 or June 7). Any help would be appreciated, and the fridge will be stocked with beer beerchug.gif

Just for added info, I'm located in Upland

Also, the obligatory pic of the car in its current state...

Click to view attachment
rnellums
Sweet color! What is it? Ice green? Original! Looks lovely.
Bob L.
bye1.gif Can't help from Texas but that looks real nice.

billh1963
Very nice!
Heeltoe914
That car would be beautiful if you take your time and assemble it right.. Probably wouldn't be done until the end of summer and you would have an award winning car.. very nice color.. Where was the paint done? Was it reasonable?
ehokana
Thanks guys! The paint looks really green in that pic for some reason- it's actually Mineral Grey Metallic; the pewter color Ford uses on the Mustangs

It was painted by the nephew of the shop owner where I had the motor rebuilt. Really great guy that took it on as a side project. I think in total it ended up around 5k. Not too bad for a color change (it was originally silver metallic), and the quality of his work is just amazing. If anyone is looking to do a repaint, I'd would highly recommend him- pm me if you want his contact info.
Nine_14

Very nice, MORE pics. please
914_teener
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ May 28 2015, 11:07 AM) *

That car would be beautiful if you take your time and assemble it right.. Probably wouldn't be done until the end of summer and you would have an award winning car.. very nice color.. Where was the paint done? Was it reasonable?

I am in Glendora and can help you that weekend....just depends what it is.

I agree with Leamon....please take your time and do it right. Makes me nervous just looking at new paint and being around it.

PM me if you like.

PS.... I am doing my tie rods as we speak....I owe the tie rod tool I borrowed back to the owner.
effutuo101
Would love to help. That weekend is booked for vacation. Sorry!
phatnine11
Ehokana,
Sorry dude! Way too far. I live over in Rancho Cucamonga. Just kidding, just let us know what your schedule is and we should be able help a Bro out!
Phatnine11
oldschool
If i'm free I can come and hold a light....(light duty) My shop is in upland 11th st and central. unsure.gif
Dave_Darling
Isn't this the part of the thread where we start bashing anyone who wants help, or who wants to help? wink.gif

--DD (Oh crap, I'm becoming more like Joe Bob as the years go by!!)
Hank914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 29 2015, 09:43 AM) *

Isn't this the part of the thread where we start bashing anyone who wants help, or who wants to help? wink.gif

Bashing is good on any part of the thread, beginning, middle and near the end!

Sorry but I'm back up in OR that weekend.

Glad to see a father son project. Must be fun to do something like this together. And this community is a great resource, with people willing to give a hand or some spare part.

Welcome, and of course, send up more pics. Car looks awesome!
ehokana
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ May 28 2015, 08:53 PM) *

Ehokana,
Sorry dude! Way too far. I live over in Rancho Cucamonga. Just kidding, just let us know what your schedule is and we should be able help a Bro out!
Phatnine11

Cesar! Man, I know I haven't been very active on here while the car was in paint, but you already forgot about me?! I may have to push the car over to you and get it up on the lift biggrin.gif I also have a new toy that I'll have to bring by for you to check out (hint: it's got the engine in the middle and isn't German)

QUOTE(oldschool @ May 28 2015, 11:44 PM) *

If i'm free I can come and hold a light....(light duty) My shop is in upland 11th st and central. unsure.gif

Any help would be appreciated! beerchug.gif

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 29 2015, 09:43 AM) *

I think I'd prefer to be bashed for asking for help than for posting future pics where something is incorrectly installed on the car- now that would truly be bad
Mueller
Dang...that paint job looks just too nice...I suggest only cotton diapers for all to wear!

don't want to scratch that puppy!

We have family off of 18th and Mountain Ave , but I don't think we'll be over there for a few more months.

Good luck on the build!
phatnine11
Eric,
Sorry about that, my old age is really starting to come out! The paint job looks fantastic!
Cesar
ehokana
Looks like my dad and I are going to start first thing in the morning next Saturday (probably 9am since he has to drive out from Redlands). Anyone who wants to stop by is welcome- we can use all the extra hands we can get, even if they are in supervisory positions (914 guys seem very good at that job lol-2.gif )
ehokana
A bit of an oversight on my part- my address is:
1138 E. Alvarado St., Ontario

Looks like we'll be starting around 10 and going all day, if anyone plans to stop by
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.