Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 versions of the "nozzle" / dash side vent control
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
type47
I have 2 versions of the air vent at the ends of the MY 73 dash (correct me if wrong MY). Pics below. Is there a changeover MY? I want to use the correct ones for a '73. Bottom pic is from a 74
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
eric9144
I have a '74 MY build date 10/73, it has the second version you show with the lever at the top.
JeffBowlsby
Top photo is correct for the 1973. Bottom photo for the 1974.
BillC
My '73 1.7 has the second style vents. I don't know the build date because the door jamb sticker is missing, but am fairly certain my car was built toward the end of the '73 MY.

Given the originality of the rest of the interior of my car, I have no reason to suspect the vents were changed. So, I suspect this another case where the factory started switching over to the new parts when they felt like it, rather than exactly at the start of the next MY.

I do have the CoA on order, but it's only been a month, so no idea when it will finally arrive.
914Next
QUOTE(BillC @ Jun 30 2015, 03:00 PM) *

My '73 1.7 has the second style vents. I don't know the build date because the door jamb sticker is missing, but am fairly certain my car was built toward the end of the '73 MY.

Given the originality of the rest of the interior of my car, I have no reason to suspect the vents were changed. So, I suspect this another case where the factory started switching over to the new parts when they felt like it, rather than exactly at the start of the next MY.

I do have the CoA on order, but it's only been a month, so no idea when it will finally arrive.

Mine also is a '73 with 100% original interior and has the vent that is described as the '74 version. Mine was a later '73 build (april) but clearly at lease some of the '74 version made it into production '73 cars.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
type47
Hmmm, well, since I have 2 vents in hand, I'm gonna use what I have. 4732914137 (the car that will get these) sounds like a later car to me.
PancakePorsche
Mid year change. My early 73 is just like a 72. Has early doors, vents, fog lights, and green fog switch. Also has unusual vinyl covered windshield frame/ A-pillars. After March or so 73's mostly same as 74.

Your car could either depending on build date.
23e Heure
Sorry to hi-jack the thread.

I need a replacement vent for my 1974 build car.

Are these available as new / repros, or do I need to source a used one?

Thanks!
23e Heure
Bump to see if anyone knows where I might get hold of a replacemnt vent for my '74.

Looking at the photos on this thread, I realise the ones in my car are currently fitted upside down (ie levers at the bottom)!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.