Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 AC wiring diagram?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 914 dealer installed AC system? I'm finally getting around to installing AC on my 914-6 conversion, and hope that someone can save me time by not having to decider the wiring that I have for the evaporator/blower assembly as well as the front condenser blower circuit.
Mike Bellis
Jeff Bowlsby
Dave_Darling
Jeff's site seems to not be responding right now, but the Wayback Machine has a copy:

http://web.archive.org/web/20150106061710/...echNotebook.htm

About 1/4 of the way down you'll find links to the installation manuals for both the VPC and DPD setups.

--DD
GeorgeRud
Thanks Dave, I knew it was out there somewhere, but also could not access Jeff's site. I'm also investigating the available electric compressor as an alternative to the engine driven one that's difficult to fit in a -6 without hacking up the firewall.
bandjoey
If u come up with electrical compressor let us know. The only ones I could find pulled waaaaay too much power for a 914. Happy hunting and pictures of the install. biggrin.gif
GeorgeRud
Supposedly Retroaire is working on one. It really would be great if the compressor, condenser, receiver/dryer, and evaporator could all be up front to cut down on the length of the hoses.

Luckily, I was able to test my evaporator/blower under dash unit on my workbench with the wiring explained and it blows perfectly on all speeds! The front condenser fan also works, but I want to design ducting that would include both my front oil cooler and an AC condenser in one unit as I already have the front GT opening in the bumper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.