Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Jetta antena removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
I have a 04 jetta wagon, I had to put a matress on the roofracks and the rubber antena was bent down. It poped up like new but know I don't recieve any am stations. How do I take the antenna off to see what broke?
914forme
It would be easier to take the radio out of the dash hook up an ant, to it and see if it works. You got to drop hte headliner, on my Scirocco I have to take out a back window also.

good luck
djm914-6
The part that bends is just a spring. This piece just unscrews. My guess is that something inside broke and you'll need another.

If you buy it at a dealer, be prepaired not to sit down again for a week. Try to get a warrenty repair.
skline
Good luck on getting it covered by your warranty, my daughter has an 04 jetta and had some shifter problems, they wanted to charge her $300.00 bucks to fix it. Her mom threw a fit at the dealer and had to make some choice threats about the BAR and BBB before they covered it. She swore she would never buy another VW again after that.
nickg
i would take it to the dealer, they have well known problems with am reception on the g/j4, as long as you are in the warranty period...presto, no problem here. I live by you, what dealer do you go to? i worked for vw a while, i can tell you if they will do it by the dealer. just tell them the radio is getting poor reception and they will fix it....trust me, they have a lot of problems with antennas and radios...just don't tell them about how it happened, just say it just happened all of a sudden
ruddyboys
Nick, I got the car on rt23 Pompton Plains. Unfortunatly I have 56,000 on the car, so the warenty has expired. The FM works fine, I just like to get the traffic report in the mornings.
nickg
buy a new mast(like 10) try that first. to change the whole unit is simple, carefully remove the top trim at the headliner, you may be able to get it out by just slight prying down of the hliner and unscrewing the cable, and the 22 mm nut on the bottom. if not, remove the c pillar trim on 1 side and try again. the new antenna should be like 50, most dealers stock it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.