Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Need some prayers gang
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Long story short my father in law was diagnosed yesterday with Prostate cancer, he is 67. He goes next Monday for a bone scan and some other tests then they will do surgery depending on what is found with these tests.

He is not just my father in law, but my friend. We have done a lot of things together in the 8 years that I have known him and the bond with him and our 3 yr old son is out of this world. So everyone if you would, please keep Gene Fiegle in your prayers.

Thank you.
Pnambic
you got it
seanery
sorry to hear about this Garold.
If I can do anything....just say the word.
Jeroen
Hey Garold,
We'll keep him in our thoughts!
Hang in there

cheers,

Jeroen
skline
It sounds like he is getting the attention he needs, they have made great steps forward in this area, my prayers are with him. I had a vasectomy about 9 years ago and they told me that puts me at a high risk for it also. Godspeed to him and I am sure they will get it resolved.
xitspd
I wish you and your father in law all the best. My father in law was very special to me as well. You are fortunate to have such a wonderful relationship. He is in our thoughts.

Dan
sjhowitson
send our families prayers your way....
Chris H.
Oh no... that is terrible new Garold.

I will definitely keep him in my prayers. I lost my Dad to prostate cancer in 2001. His was very far along though, and abnormally aggressive. Bottom line is that you can beat this type of cancer if it's caught soon enough. I'm more than willing to talk to you about what I know regarding PC if you want to call me.

guywan914
our family's prayers are with you.
Mark Henry
Done.

I've had problems with kidney stones and I always end up in a bed beside someone who just had this op.
Like it has been said they have made great steps forward in this area.

My family wishes him the best.
Qarl
Hi Garold!

I will be more than happy to keep Gene in our thoughts and send prayers your family's way.

It's all I can do for all of the positive support and well thoughts I receive and ask from the group.

I hope things turn around.

If I can do anything, let me know.

Regards,

Qarl
rhodyguy
i hope everything turns out well. brings home the fact that we all need yearly exams. if you guys, esp the late 40 to 50 somethings, haven't had one in a while, make an appointment asap. hopefully you won't be surprised like i was.

k
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Feb 22 2005, 08:38 AM)
i hope everything turns out well. brings home the fact that we all need yearly exams. if you guys, esp the late 40 to 50 somethings, haven't had one in a while, make an appointment asap. hopefully you won't be surprised like i was.

k

I agree, put aside all the Mucho male bs.gif and get checked. I'm 39, and I get checked every year because of my past health issues.

Thank you all for the thoughts & prayers, it means a lot to me & my family.
SpecialK
I'm hoping that they caught it early enough Garold, very sorry to here about this. sad.gif
sean_v8_914
My uncle had it and beat it. Your father in law can beat it too. That was about 7 years ago. Uncle B is 70 now. they did surgery and Raduim seeds
klink
Garold, I'm with you.
ablose58
done! In my prayers too!
Mrs. K
DONE! On my prayer list too!

They really have made great strides in Cancer treatments, and I pray that it was detected early!
God Bless!

Lisa smile.gif
KaptKaos
Prayers sent.

My father had it and had surgury a few years ago, has made a great recovery.

Joe & Family
SteveL
My thoughts and prayers are with Gene and his/your family.
Alison Baker
My Papa was diagnosed with Prostatic Cancer 19 yrs ago, and to this day he is doing well ....Infact my Gran and him go

swimming every Wednesday at 12 Noon in Scotland..

Martin and I will keep him in our prayers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.