Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LSD worth the price
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914forme
So for a semi stock 914-4 auto-xer is it worth the price of admission.

Here is the skinny I am looking @ my auto-x rules for 2005 NASA rules and I can just fit an LSD in with all my other mods and still stay in H stock: How the 914 ended up in H-stock with my Jetta TDI I will never know, but I will take it.

Mods big bars I run 21 u front and stock sway bar out back, poly 19 mm front TBs and 165 lb. rear springs all on bilstiens sports. Sticky DOT tires, the idea is to max the points out. I also have bigger brakes, and a few other items. what this does is leaves me with 5 points. Which is the price of an LSD, so I can run one with out a class upgrade. So is it worth it.

BTW, here in Ohio we have pot holes, heaves and everything else, so I run a slightly softer suspension than most.

Take care, Stephen
Joe Bob
If you are spinning a drive wheel in tight turns....yes...if not, maybe a slight help. LSDs aren't cheap. I bought two and got 50 bucks off and still paid 1200 each for a Quaife.
914forme
Spining depends on the exit speeds, yeah I will spin them. But not as much as I would like. Like to be able to spin them at will, in 5th gear. But that is just me.

2nd gear exits I have to watch on tight turns.

Okay forget about it!

Just got the 2005 rules modified for as of this month - I am now in class F with 10 points taken right off the top - that is more what I was expecting to see. But get this the 914-6 only looses 5 points right off the bat and is in class e. With my current mods, I will be running in E-class as it sits anyway. So I will be running with Miatas, R32s ( that sucks) all the early 911 crowd, and 924-944S NA, MR2s and Fiat X/19s and how could I forget the Minis

Doah! time to brake out the 914-6 and run.

Oh well its seat time - won't win them all but will have fun doing it.
Joe Bob
Tight or long sweeping curves? Long sweepers consider welding the diff....tight turns an LSD willl work. I know a guy that has three trannies and swaps them for different tracks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.