Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: I.E. error message when closing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Toast
Bash on me all ya want about the I.E., but it is what my work uses for its browser and they dont want to use anything else.

Anyway, when I am closing I.E. by hitting the X button, I get this error box (this also apprears sometimes while I am using IE, but it does not close the browser window) :

Internet Explore has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Here is the Error Signature box:
AppName: ieexplore.exe
ModVer: 6.02900.2573
AppVer: 6.02900.2180
Offset: 00018890
ModName: shdocvw.dll

Any suggestions on what is wrong and how I can get this box to quit appearing?
bd1308
sounds to me like you should hit up your I.T guy and tell him about it. They probably have a image for your computer's setup they could load or something. That's how WKU does things anyway. If your at work, work shoudl worry about problems...not you.
SirAndy
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 22 2005, 08:39 AM)
sounds to me like you should hit up your I.T guy and tell him about it.

agree.gif

"SHDOCVW.DLL, a Windows operating system file that renders the IFRAME, FRAME, and EMBED HTML tags"
Toast
well, that would be great if I wasnt the only person who was computer literate around here.
I know more about the computer than anyone else here, but I dont everything. They come to me for questions, and I help them the best I can. I'm still learning XP.

Any other suggestions would help.
bd1308
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Feb 22 2005, 11:20 AM)
This comes up for a lot of reasons but is normallyassociated with spyware. Make sure your system is clean.

However, you can get rid of those error messages.

Go to your Start button, click on it and choose "Run". In the window that comes up, type "services.msc" without the quotation marks.

In the list of services that appears, scroll down until you see "Error Reporting Service". Right-click on this entry. Go to "Properties". In the center of the next screen you will see "Startup Type". This is probably set to "Automatic". Change this to "Disabled". Hit "Apply", then "OK". Then close the services window.

aren't we just band-aiding the problem here though? Why would this error come up? run spybot and Ad-Aware and see if the problem doesn't go away first.
Toast
Yea, I tried Paul's method, and I'm still getting the error. I'll try Adaware now.

Thanks for helping.
bd1308
wait now....try BOTH Ad-Aware and Spybot.....both willl catch each other's mistakes...believe me.
davep
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 22 2005, 10:32 AM)
wait now....try BOTH Ad-Aware and Spybot.....both willl catch each other's mistakes...believe me.

agree.gif Very strongly. Together they are very good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.