Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
I went to the annual San Luis Obispo Concourse show today. Here is some of the aircooled stuff.
Elliot Cannon
More
Elliot Cannon
More.
Tom_T
Cool Elliott!

IPB Image

And I see they had a few vintage trailers there too! I think that was the guy Jay with the Clipper behind this Morgan who was camped across from us at the huge vintage trailer rally at Pismo 2 weekends ago! He called it his "party trailer" - since it was gutted & refitted for open (non-camping) use. So they slept in the other one on the left. Nice guy & nice little family. He restored both of them.

The AC Morgan is a great find too.

I was disappointed to hear that Central Coast PCA has dropped their Concours event, as it was a fun little gathering.

Say Cheers to Tony Dawson for me, the next time you two chat!

Thanx for Sharing! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Elliot Cannon
A few more. This is always a good show with something for everyone. Classics, 50's, hot rods, etc.
keely444
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 31 2015, 09:28 PM) *

A few more. This is always a good show with something for everyone. Classics, 50's, hot rods, etc.

Looks very cool,wish I went
mgp4591
The red 356 with the big exhaust and the personalized license plate RevsUp was at the show in the park at WRC! Really nice little outlaw- looks pretty fast!
Cairo94507
Love the 4 cam.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ May 31 2015, 10:11 PM) *

The red 356 with the big exhaust and the personalized license plate RevsUp was at the show in the park at WRC! Really nice little outlaw- looks pretty fast!

Looks like the real deal to me, not an outlaw!
Can't tell from the angle of the shot, but looks like a Carrera Speedster, mucho dinero!!!
thieuster
FYI: the caravan behind the Samba is an Eriba Puck, made in Germany. Nowadays, the brand is owned by Hymer Motorhomes.

Thousands of these Pucks were sold in the 60s and 70s, mostly to Belgium and The Netherlands. You can still find them quite easily! And with the German Engineering of that era in mind, it's no surprise that most of them are still in great shape.

Menno

Here's one - currently for sale on a Dutch Craigslist-like website:

IPB Image
mgp4591
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jun 1 2015, 02:00 PM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ May 31 2015, 10:11 PM) *

Looks like the real deal to me, not an outlaw!
Can't tell from the angle of the shot, but looks like a Carrera Speedster, mucho dinero!!!

It might be- I'm not the expert here by far. All I know is when I was looking at it, I had to watch out for my drooling as not to hit the paint! drooley.gif
Andyrew
No pics of the CGT?

Common man...
Tom_T
Thanx for the more pix E!

IIRC this is the field by the Madonna Inn - correct?? confused24.gif

IIRC this one is that Brazilian VW made sports coupe - IIRC it's was also known as the Puma? ....

IPB Image IPB Image

My wife saw a Puck + Samba at the private Malmut Auto Museum last year, & she now wants one to tow with "her cute little happy van" (our `88 VW Westfalia)! This is in addition to "her" vintage 1960 Avion T20 (like Airstream) which we take to vintage trailer rallies etc.

And then there is a guy who comes to the vintage trailer rallies with another of the light weight car-towable camping travel trailers which he tows with a green metallic pick-up truck converted BMW 2002 - & he also has an Eriba Puck like these that he tows with a beautiful blue metallic Euro BMW 2002 Convertible (close to 914 Marathon Blue)! drooley.gif

IPB Image

There are a few Puckers over here in the US too! biggrin.gif

These guys with the various trailers in the pix were all at the huge 350+ vintage trailer rally at Pismo Coast Village on May 14-17, & they were wanting us to bring our #2 Avion T20, but it's too hard & expensive to do too many shows until we own a tow vehicle (looking for a nice used Cayenne S again, after being sidetracked by some family matters).

They are actually also all makes classic car shows too guys! One guy brought the GM Futurama Transporter again this year!

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

... & I think the Doka with side/bed tent in the top pic behind the VW-SP2 was there too...

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
matthepcat
Wow, I will go next year if I know about it.

Same time every year?

Love SLO
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 2 2015, 04:54 PM) *

IIRC this one is that Brazilian VW made sports coupe - IIRC it's was also known as the Puma? ....

Nope--that one is the SP2. The Puma was a different car by a different company, but still based on VW mechanicals. The earlier Pumas had kind of a Ferrari Dino look to the front end. I'd love to have either one, though.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.