Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horn Options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
keely444
I currently have delete covers over my fog light/horn cut outs. I was looking at some different light set ups. I have seen a double light on a yellow GT conversation that is up for sale. I also like the rectangular Hella lights. Does anyone have their horns or horn mounted in a different location than stock?
ConeDodger
The later cars had them located on the bottom body pan under the spare tire well. I will be moving mine from there to just behind the bumper like the earlier cars but with an aftermarket horn.
VegasRacer
My horn is mounted in the engine bay.
mbseto
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 1 2015, 11:59 PM) *

My horn is mounted in the engine bay.

Seems like your own horn would sound like it's directed at you!
Eric_Shea
Late model cars have them under the front pan.
EdwardBlume
I highly recommend air horns. No one will think it's you.
Chris914n6
My first 914 had the hella air horns in the front truck.

75-76 have them under the floor pan under the headlight buckets, pointing towards the ground. Effective and out of the way. With the sound proofing in today's cars I'm considering doubling up.
euro911
The 'BB' ('75) had them under the belly pan, but they didn't work confused24.gif

Since I had back-dated bumpers and the bumper shock holes weren't plugged, I installed an inexpensive set of Italian air horns inside the trunk directly behind the shock holes. The musical notes travel out through the bumper grilles and are definitely heard by those who need to hear them slap.gif

aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.