Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When removing the backpad,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mike_the_man
What does everybody do with the interior light, etc? I'm assuming just remove it. I think that I have a few other wires running around behind the back pad from the PO as well. Whats the best procedure for doing this? What type of glue is good to use? Lets hear some tips, and any pics would be appreciated as well.

bondo
I'm replacing mine with lights built into a rearview mirror.
mike_the_man
Good idea. I was thinking about that too. What sort of mirror are you using? I know that Mustang convertibles have a mirror like that.

SteveSr
QUOTE (bondo @ Feb 22 2005, 12:21 PM)
I'm replacing mine with lights built into a rearview mirror.

Same here,using the one out of the doner car i took the V6 from ...1991 chevy Corsica.

SteveSr
horizontally-opposed
I wonder if (a more effective one) could be worked into the targa bar front pad. The trick would be making it look good, maybe tucked in at an angle on the pad's lower surface, back near the glass?

pete
mike_the_man
Good idea Pete, I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to have a look. I bet something could be done.

Brad Roberts
My truck has flush mounted "directional" lights (you can move them) mounted in the overhead console. Some of these mounted in the targa pad (under the targa bar, not in front of it) would be trick. Show us some pics..

B
mike_the_man
I like it Brad. Should be able to find some lights like that at the local pick a part.

Long time no see, Brad. How are you doing? Busy as always, I'm sure.

xsboost90
what about making a center piece made of spray foam, shaping it, installing the light and then gluing it on, and carpeting over that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.