Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cool gizmo for the racer crowd
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Saw this and was wondering if it would be too low to record anything worthwhile. Its a cam mount for a turn signal lens.
Geoff
morgan
I have something like that in my ITB scca racecar
IT'S GREAT!!!!!!!!
Morgan driving.gif
Lawrence
Does it plug into a laptop in the trunk or something?

-Rusty
morgan
Who sells IT
JM icon14.gif
Jeroen
Cool!
Any info, like who, where, how much?

cheers,

Jeroen
elmonte
Get one for each side

IMAX VIDEO clap56.gif
Bleyseng
http://www.gtc-motorsports.com/
Look under products, no pricing online.
Maybe buy 2 and then install a lasar for cool turn signals.
Geoff
Bleyseng
the back
tat2dphreak
that's pretty cool! but I have to ask the same question... are you supposed to duct-tape a laptop in the front trunk or what? if you do, I wouldn't expect that hard drive to last long!
campbellcj
I'm guessing it's for a standard Camcorder or mobile VHS recorder?

I already got a tiny camera to mount to my rollcage (or wherever I want) and connect to my DV cam which will be in a padded box. The view out of the front edge of the car might be pretty cool though.
Aaron Cox
took me a while to figure out what iy was wacko.gif ..neat idea for a camera holder...
is it a direct bolt in?
TimT
Thats a lens replacement that holds a lipstick cam

You plug that into a camcorder..

Its very cool.

When I set up video in my car I like to use the windshield as the "frame" of the picture, and try and catch the gauges or my hands. this is kinda tough in a 914, in my 911 I can mount my cam farther back.

Dont know about capturing sound with it?
tesserra
There was an article in the Nugget, PCA newsletter, where a driver mounted the microphone to the rear bumper of a 911. He said the sounds where great. You could hear every shift etc. If you are going remote camera might as well get the best sound too.
Tesserra
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.