Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hee Haw
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrholland2
I know we have a thread about 914s in TV shows/movies, but I don't remember this one .. at Goober's garage. . .Click to view attachment
pete000
Would be cool to find the episode and put it on You Tube !
Tom_T
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Jun 3 2015, 12:02 PM) *

I know we have a thread about 914s in TV shows/movies, but I don't remember this one .. at Goober's garage. . .Click to view attachment

You were pretty young then! biggrin.gif ... & it wasn't on the Hee-Haw show.

I do recall it - but that was on the 2nd gen. Andy Griffith Show - Sheriff Andy of Maybury fame - after Gomer left to join the USMC, with Sgt. Carter on the Gomer Pyle Show ... you recall: "Gaaaaaw-leeeee Sargent Carter!" biggrin.gif

So Gomer's cousin Goger took over at the fillin' station! IIRC Goober called it: "....some fancy furr-in cawr...." that stopped by the fillin' station! IIRC that was a 70 MY 914/4 in their Fall `69 or Spring `70 season, but also may have been later in Fall `70 >. I graduated HS in June `70 then off to college, so I wasn't that focused on ole Andy back then!

Good Find! I agree, it would be great to find it to put on U-tuber!

Maybe somebody in the Indy area/west can run over to the Maybury Cafe in Danville, & see if they have the episode with it which they could upload (or allow you to do so)??

BTW - really good food there too, so worth the drive to eat with family &/or friends!

I have family that lives nearby there in Avon & we always stop by the Maybury Cafe whenever we visit IN. chowtime.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mrholland2
Ummm. . I was watching Hee Haw. . and photographed the TV.

Soooo. . it was on Hee Haw. Because. . . I photographed the TV while it was on Hee Haw.

Hee

Haw

poke.gif

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 3 2015, 01:42 PM) *

I do recall it - but that was on the 2nd gen. Andy Griffith Show - Sheriff Andy of Maybury fame - after Gomer left to join the USMC, with Sgt. Carter on the Gomer Pyle Show ... you recall: "Gaaaaaw-leeeee Sargent Carter!" biggrin.gif

So Gomer's cousin Goger took over at the fillin' station! IIRC Goober called it: "....some fancy furr-in cawr...." that stopped by the fillin' station!

Maybe somebody in the Indy area/west can run over to the Maybury Cafe in Danville, & see if they have the episode with it which they could upload (or allow you to do so)??

BTW - really good food there too, so worth the drive to eat with family &/or friends!

I have family that lives nearby there in Avon & we always stop by the Maybury Cafe whenever we visit IN. chowtime.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

mrholland2
It aired May 9th, 2015 at 10:00pm, PDT if anyone can figure out the episode. . I have no idea what channel it was on.

QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Jun 3 2015, 01:46 PM) *

Ummm. . I was watching Hee Haw. . and photographed the TV.

Soooo. . it was on Hee Haw. Because. . . I photographed the TV while it was on Hee Haw.

Hee

Haw

poke.gif

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 3 2015, 01:42 PM) *

So Gomer's cousin Goger took over at the fillin' station! IIRC Goober called it: "....some fancy furr-in cawr...." that stopped by the fillin' station!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom_T
Okie doakie - I stand ... errr sit .... corrected.

I take it was a recent replay on TV?

What station was it on - or network??

I do recall Porsche+Audi got some air time for "product placement" of their then new 914 on the Andy show around the time I noted above - but it may have been a different 914, or the same & tied-in with another of that network's show, cuz IIRC Hee-Haw & Andy were on the same network/channel then & had guests cross-appearing.

Another movie that the "This.TV" network replays from time to time is the 1970's or `80's "C.H.O.M.P.S." where Valerie Bertinelli's DD is a white (L80E Lt Ivory) 71-72 914/4, so it's in several scenes. Don't know when it's on coming up, but saw it (again) last week-ish.

You'll see that it's missing a rear bumper top pad - too bad Mark/Mikey914 wasn't around then, cuz he could've met her & mounted .... the top for her! ;-)

Cheers!
Tom
///////
mrholland2
It aired May 9, 2015 at 10:00 pm PDT. . I'm not sure what DISH channel.

It wasn't really even referenced, just in the shot and then out. The only way I got the photo was the good ole DVR rewind button

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 3 2015, 01:55 PM) *

I do recall Porsche+Audi got some air time for "product placement" of their then new 914 on the Andy show around the time I noted above - but it may have been a different 914, or the same & tied-in with another of that network's show, cuz IIRC Hee-Haw & Andy were on the same network/channel then & had guests cross-appearing.

Another movie that the "This.TV" network replays from time to time is the 1970's or `80's "C.H.O.M.P.S." where Valerie Bertinelli's DD is a white (L80E Lt Ivory) 71-72 914/4, so it's in several scenes. Don't know it it's on

mrholland2
Not on RFD . . .grrr. .

QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Jun 3 2015, 01:56 PM) *

It aired May 9, 2015 at 10:00 pm PDT. . I'm not sure what DISH channel.

It wasn't really even referenced, just in the shot and then out. The only way I got the photo was the good ole DVR rewind button

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 3 2015, 01:55 PM) *

Another movie that the "This.TV" network replays from time to time is the 1970's or `80's "C.H.O.M.P.S." where Valerie Bertinelli's DD is a white (L80E Lt Ivory) 71-72 914/4, so it's in several scenes. Don't know it it's on

914Next
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 3 2015, 04:55 PM) *

Well you had me convinced, Tom! biggrin.gif
Tom_T
RFD????
Tom_T
QUOTE(914Next @ Jun 3 2015, 12:59 PM) *

That's cuz I actually saw a 914 on The Andy Griffith Show back then Steve - but not his pic above since he shot it from the screen on a Hee-Haw replay! smile.gif

There was actually a few shows where they slipped it in, & I recall my Dad saying: "that car [914] was almost as ugly as the old bathtub Porches!"

PS - Dad's joke was "is it a front Porch or back Porch?" - ergo the misspelling was intentional.

He later grew to like mine after he got to drive it! driving.gif

TT
///////
mrholland2
One production company. . one car. . . several shows. . more cash!!!

RFD is a DISH network that specializes in that country folk stuff.. . but I think it was on a different network. . 10 pm, saturday night. . I'm sure I was just scanning by and found it. . mostly hoping to catch a "Ladies and Gentleman. . . .Mr. Conway Twitty. .. " moment.

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 3 2015, 02:05 PM) *

QUOTE(914Next @ Jun 3 2015, 12:59 PM) *

That's cuz I actually saw a 914 on The Andy Griffith Show back then Steve - but not his pic above since he shot it from the screen on a Hee-Haw replay! smile.gif

There was actually a few shows where they slipped it in, & I recall my Dad saying: "that car [914] was almost as ugly as the old bathtub Porches!"

PS - Dad's joke was "is it a front Porch or back Porch?" - ergo the misspelling was intentional.

He later grew to like mine after he got to drive it! driving.gif

TT
///////

Tom_T
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Jun 3 2015, 01:12 PM) *

One production company. . one car. . . several shows. . more cash!!!

RFD is a DISH network that specializes in that country folk stuff.. . but I think it was on a different network. . 10 pm, saturday night. . I'm sure I was just scanning by and found it. . mostly hoping to catch a "Ladies and Gentleman. . . .Mr. Conway Twitty. .. " moment.

OK Thanx!

I'm an antenna TV guy - so no cable/sat TV stations for me, except at hotels/motels when I travel - & then I have seen that RFD channel - so I know what you mean now.

There was also a C&W show back then taped at the Bakersfield CA Fairgrounds or something, which had Conway Twitty & some of the old school greats that you'd probably like. IIRC it was all black & white tv, so that dates it back to maybe pre-1965-ish. I saw that replayed on the RFD channel in the Days Inn, which was the last time I was visiting Sallisaw OK last Fall!

But I think that This.TV may be played under your local access section of stations, for you to catch & record the young Valerie Bertinelli white 914 CHOMPS movie.

Not a great movie & aimed at teens/tweens/younger kids of that day (ergo my kids liked it), but it's one of only a few movies that I recall where one of the main characters' car throughout the show was a 914, & V.B. was the lead actress in it.

Thanx again for posting this! It's always fun to see our cars in print & movies/tv!

TT
///////
JawjaPorsche
I was watching movie 9 to 5 last week while babysitting my grandson and there were two 914's on the screen about one minute apart!
r_towle
why were you watching Hee Haw?

You realize you used to watch that for free, now you are not only paying to watch a 30 year old show, but you get the pleasure of commercials also.

rich
TheCabinetmaker
You could never have seen a 914 on the Andy Griffith show. It was cancelled in 1968. The spinoff, Mayberry RFD, ran till 1971. If you want to see 914's on TV check out some episodes of chips.

In with Tom t. No cable here. I have a home made antenna that's gets 56 channels for free.
scotty b
Maybe he saw it on Matlock ? confused24.gif
MDG
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 4 2015, 08:46 AM) *

mellow.gif

Pardon me, suh?
stugray
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 4 2015, 06:46 AM) *

Petticoat Junction maybe?
sb914
Maybe,the ghost and mrs Muir
Tom_T
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jun 4 2015, 04:40 AM) *

You could never have seen a 914 on the Andy Griffith show. It was cancelled in 1968. The spinoff, Mayberry RFD, ran till 1971. If you want to see 914's on TV check out some episodes of chips.

In with Tom t. No cable here. I have a home made antenna that's gets 56 channels for free.

I didn't really draw the distinction of the original Andy show & Mayberry RFD - all a continuum for me Curt! .... all the same ole "corn"! biggrin.gif

Hey ... I hope to be thru Tulsa in mid-July &/or around Labor Day for our Cherokee stuff down in Sallisaw area & for business, so maybe one will work out for us to do our BBQ explorations thing up your way?

Hope your health is better now!

... & hope you're not too flooded nor wet with all the storms & with your shop so close to that creek behind/beside the site!

Best!
Tom
///////
r_towle
Still want to know why hee haw
Tom_T
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 4 2015, 05:20 PM) *

Rich - I preferred Her Haw biggrin.gif

He said he likes Conway Twitty!

Also, you can still see it for free on antenna tv ... well with commercials still!

Curt - In the LA SoCal area last time I scanned - I got 120-130 channels - probably 50-60 in English - not counting religious & shopping channels, etc. & that was with 30 year old inside rabbit ears!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
r_towle
On a fairly new flat screen tv, where do you plug in the antenna, and do you need a digital decoder?
dlkawashima
The ANT IN connector of course. And new TVs have a built in decoder.

Click to view attachment
arkitect
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Jun 4 2015, 07:57 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I need to pursue this, tv cost with ATT is too expensive. Any savings I can get, can apply to the teeners. Just need to figure out the antenna and still get my car shows.

Dave
7TPorsh
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 4 2015, 06:20 PM) *

Roy Clark piratenanner.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(arkitect @ Jun 5 2015, 02:27 AM) *

QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Jun 4 2015, 07:57 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I need to pursue this, tv cost with ATT is too expensive. Any savings I can get, can apply to the teeners. Just need to figure out the antenna and still get my car shows.

Dave

Dave,

You won't get the cable & satellite based car shows, but there are several over the air, such as: PBS has Motorweek, AutoLine & sometimes the Euro oriented Drive It! (if they carry DW tv), & a new one I've just seen recently on those carrying NHK programming is Samurai Wheels from Japan, & then the commercial networks carry many of the Indy Car, NASCR, F1 & other races on the weekends (e.g.: ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, etc.).

Not as complete as paid cable/sat .... when it's working! ..... but not an arm-&-leg for 1000 channels you don't want/need just to get the 2-3 you do want either!

Tom
///////
r_towle
Special suggestions for antenna type or design?
TheCabinetmaker
Do a search rich. There are lots of different ways to make one with some good instructions and some vids too. Mine is made from a 3' 2 x 4, an 18 x 24 piece of plywood, aluminum foil, and some cut up cost hangers. Took an hour to throw it together.
mskala
You can use tvfool.com to see what's what for your particular address and
surrounding terrain.

As you may know, the lower channel numbers required the largest elements.
When everything went to HD in the US, the channel number you see is not
necessarily the frequency from the old system. It can show channel 7 but you
could really be on the frequency of old channel 43. In most areas they eliminated
the low numbered channel frequencies so people would not need large antennas.
If the real channel numbers now mapped to the channels you can receive are all
UHF, then that's even better. The typical UHF antenna is many short elements
lined up toward the transmitter.

Unless you are very close and don't need much of an antenna, I think it's a
waste of time to build your own when quality stuff is pretty inexpensive.
TheCabinetmaker
I bought a few of those inexpensive HD antennas. Pure junk. Only the strongest channels come thru and the picture quality sucked. Mine has no cost and the pic on my HDTV is excellent. Free is good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.