Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What did you use to glue your carpet down?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rupert14
I am putting new carpet in my 72 914. I am replacing all of it because almost all of it is gone. What should I use to glue the pieces down? What have you used and what should I avoid?
Bob

I should have a cool interior soon. I am replacing all the carpet, adding a new console with gauges and sub, adding a 911 dash conversion and putting in a set of 5 early 911 gauges that have the green color and chrome centers. I will keep pics up as I progress.
rupert14
this dash
rupert14
this style
Joe Bob
Double sided tape works well with those dash covers....just along the edges.

3M spray adhesive works for the rest of the floor carpet.
rupert14
one more
rupert14
last one
morph
We use 3m super77.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (rupert14 @ Feb 22 2005, 01:54 PM)
this style

Same tach I have in my 356....
TonyAKAVW
I used nothing. The carpet seems to hold its shape decently well without gluing it down. I suppose it would look a little better glued down but then there's the whole thing about trapping water against the metal, or paint etc. If you did want to glue it down, Super77 is good stuff, like 'spectra says.

-Tony
jr91472
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Feb 22 2005, 01:55 PM)
We use 3m super77.

agree.gif

holds good, but not so good that you can't pull the carpet back up if you need to. and one day you will surely need to.

good luck
Aaron Cox
are you putting anything under the carpet?
sean_v8_914
3M Super 90 for teh headliner. the 77 will yield in teh sun
Hi_Fi_Guy
3M Super 77 spray adhesive for most of the carpet on the floor & sills.
3M Super Weatherstrip/Trim adhesive for the carpet on the targa top headliner and vertical portion of front trunk. I also used this in a few tight areas in the cockpit where I didn't want to worry about overspray.
rupert14
Sounds great. I will get some and get started on my carpet. Pics to come within a week or two.
Bob
Air_Cooled_Nut
I used 3M spray-on contact cement. Great stuff. Nozzle has adjustable spray.
Trekkor
I used the 77 as well. Great on the inner longs and under the heel pads. I left the area under the pedals and directly under the seats loose for service/mop up. wink.gif

KT
Series9
Ummmmmmm.......,,,,,,,I used.....ummm......contact cement.. hide.gif

It doesn't come back off. huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.