Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Howdy from Big D!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
just a quick note to say hello! I am new to the BBS. I have had my 914 for a little more than a year. it's seen better(and worse) days but I hope to restore it to better than new condition as money and time allows. I can't believe I haven't been on this board before.... but I'm here now!

cheers!

beer.gif
DrifterJay
Welcome to the board, nice car, love the headlights!! lol..Anywayz you made a wise decision coming here, always up to date board with many experts that are regulars.
Jared
beer.gif
tat2dphreak
actually I need to update the pics... I have stock headlights in it now, but they only work if you pop the hood first blink.gif the body/hood isn't lined up yet.
Bleyseng
Welcome to the 914Club. When you get a chance post onto the member pics thread so all can see your car!
Geoff
dagdal1967
Hey there and Welcome!

I'm another Dalla-site (although I'm in Iowa at the minute). I believe there are a number of people from D/FW on the board and a huge amount of help here.

These guys are FULL of good information and advice..

Maybe when I get back down to Dallas, we can meet up and talk shop!

Should be sometime next weekend!

See ya 'round

Doug
tat2dphreak
I'm always in the mood for a beer and talking shop!

I really do need to update pics now.. I have 2 914s now clap56.gif
I just bought another one that has a great body but needs interior work... I plan to use the white on as a donor for several things... like the engine(I prefer the 1.7 to the 1.8 that is in there) but I plan to keep the white one complete so it can be a project for someone else... someone with more body experience and space...

btw... anyone have a set of seats and/or a back pad that they aren't using? almost any condition will do, I can pull a good set out of the Donor...

here's a pic:
JWest
I've got some seats and backpad you can borrow - if I can get them back eventually.

I'm in Fort Worth.
72Signal914
I love the butt of the white car and the placement of the exhaust, also willkommen!! smilie_flagge6.gif

Thats really sad since I'm Polish
tat2dphreak
yea, the exhaust will go onto the new car... I will have to cut a small hole in the bumper... opposite of the side shown in this pic:

also, I would appreciate the backpad and seats... and I can get them back to you as soon as I find another set... but I'm not in a hurry yet so I may find a set to buy and save the time of replacing it 2x... I actually already got a call from a guy with a back pad for $75... is this a good price for a decent one? that, and, I don't know how long "eventually" will actually be right now, and I would hate to have something you may need later... but if you decide to sell them... let me know! I would much prefer a short drive to Ft. Worth to a shipment from California.
JWest
I could probably sell a set - what are you looking for condition-wise? I have a few sets, so I'll have to see how they look (I don't even remember).

Just the backpad for $75? Seems high to me.
Lawrence
PM me. I have a set of seats in storage in Oklahoma.
tat2dphreak
condition... don't care too much really, if they are rough I can recover them or put the bad ones in the now donor car... I'm already swapping the dash pad from the white one over to the red one since the red car's dash is wavy on one side...
JWest
I'm sure I have a set I could part with for very little. When do you want to come get them?
tat2dphreak
whenever is good for you... Ft. worth is close enough I can do it one night after 5pm or any weekend... I would like to get them before July 4th PM me with a price and a pic if you have it... I will be willing to pay more for better condition set
tat2dphreak
James: since you are in ft. worth... do you know anyone close that will work on 1.7L heads... I have a burnt valve and Zim's want's to charge 500+ to do the heads and valve seats wacko.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 6 2003, 02:25 PM)
Welcome to the 914Club. When you get a chance post onto the member pics thread so all can see your car!
Geoff

Wo ist dass? biggrin.gif

where is it?
Cdn Teener
Welcome "D" nice 'teens...I love the 914 rear bumper /valence combo looks SAHWEET! aktion035.gif

As for the members rides heres da link....I think.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=8

Ciao.
tat2dphreak
thanks... I'll have to cut that valance as I said for the quad exhaust... but I think the 914 was made to look best from the rear... and that's what most people will see of it happy11.gif thanks, I'll put mine on there even thoug it's rough right now...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.