Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not a good sign...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
914Next
Didn't need this but bought it anyway. Couldn't resist. Love nos stuff.

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Last I checked Steve, they were still available new from Porsche in chrome plastic, as used on our `73's. The metal ones are long NLA, but were only used on the 70 & part of 71 MY IIRC. Not sure which you have.

I got a new pair for my resto 2-3 years ago, because the selling dealer in `72 had "stripped" the foglights/grills/dash switch off what 3 years later became my 914 before the OO bought it new & swapped in plain grills & left the hole in the dash! dry.gif

NOS stash is a sure sign of the sickness though! biggrin.gif

Shoot me a PM if the Caffeine & Octane is still good when you go tomorrow, as I may be in ATL sometime this or next year for biz, & would love to go again.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914Next
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 5 2015, 01:31 PM) *

Last I checked Steve, they were still available new from Porsche in chrome plastic, as used on our `73's. The metal ones are long NLA, but were only used on the 70 & part of 71 MY IIRC. Not sure which you have.

I got a new pair for my resto 2-3 years ago, because the selling dealer in `72 had "stripped" the foglights/grills/dash switch off what 3 years later became my 914 before the OO bought it new & swapped in plain grills & left the hole in the dash! dry.gif

NOS stash is a sure sign of the sickness though! biggrin.gif

Shoot me a PM if the Caffeine & Octane is still good when you go tomorrow, as I may be in ATL sometime this or next year for biz, & would love to go again.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Yeah Tom, this one is chrome plastic and has clearly been sitting around in the unopened package for 20+ years. In good shape.

Hey on a related topic can you still get the u-shaped speed nuts for these grills? I've now dropped two down behind and damned if I can find them.

Will let you know about C&). Supposed to be beautiful weather. I would expect 800 cars.

Steve
Pat Garvey
The speed nut are readily available from supplier to this site. Got some several years ago and they are right on (forget her name). About 12 years ago I bought some expensive fog light grill from a member , who had them refurbished and replated by the same method as the original factory supplier. This method has been banned inmost countries because of horrible environmental effects.
But they came out with the same original ultra high gloss finish and are gorgeous.

Probably sell them someday along with several thousand $$ of NOS parts. Or maybe not.
P
914Next
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 6 2015, 08:09 PM) *

The speed nut are readily available from supplier to this site. Got some several years ago and they are right on (forget her name). About 12 years ago I bought some expensive fog light grill from a member , who had them refurbished and replated by the same method as the original factory supplier. This method has been banned inmost countries because of horrible environmental effects.
But they came out with the same original ultra high gloss finish and are gorgeous.

Probably sell them someday along with several thousand $$ of NOS parts. Or maybe not.
P

Pat, (or anyone else who may know) would love to know who iy is that sells those sped nuts for the for the grills, if you can recall.
Steve
Cairo94507
It has to be AP Girl (don't shoot the messenger) or maybe it is Mikey?????
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 22 2015, 10:04 PM) *

Got mine from AP Girl. Right parts.

As an aside....the chrome plastic grills are still available, but they nowhere near as shiny as the old ones. The old process that produced shiny grills was so environmentally bad that it was banned.
914Next
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 23 2015, 07:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 22 2015, 10:04 PM) *

Got mine from AP Girl. Right parts.

As an aside....the chrome plastic grills are still available, but they nowhere near as shiny as the old ones. The old process that produced shiny grills was so environmentally bad that it was banned.

What is AP Girls' business again? I did a search but am coming up empty. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.