Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me decide
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
I can't decide on which way to go. My stock seats are complety torn up and the padding is ripped, my backpad is as well. I don't think that i'll be doing any serious racing but I am realy leaning towards getting some Corbeau Forza racing seats. I think in all black vynal ( with no company logos) they look realy good.

Now I dont want to be the kind of person that has racing seats and harnesses in a street car (not that there is anything wrong with that) but the seats I think would look good and nice to have. I'm 5'11 and 150lbs so getting in and out I don't think would be a problem. If any body has the Forza seats installed in there car could you post some pictures, it would be realy helpfull.

Thanks,
Josh
jgiroux67
this is the seat
VegasRacer
Josh - do you have a 5 point harness in your car? I think those seats would look kind of funny with the holes for the race harness if you are using stock belts. Personally I don't like the looks of a seat with the big shoulder pads in a teener, but that is a matter of choice. The cost to recover your stock seats would probably be about the same as buying new aftermarket seats.

I think you already know what you want to do. You don't need our permission.
Andyrew
If you've got harnesses (I dont remember you saying you do..) get some racing seats.

If you dont. Re do your stock seats, but add some foam in the bulsters to give yourself some "support"

You'll thank yourself, it feels really good when your in there good.

I've got basically the same seat in my car, come by and I'll let ya sit in it (cv broken, cant drive ya...) to give you a feeling of how it sits (not the best...)

Andrew
Series9
Forza:
jgiroux67
Ya I have 5 point 3"competition harnesses(from PO) but I would like to replace them with a more mild 2" set up.

Andrew I would love to stop by sometime, I defanitaly want to see how your car is coming along.
mrihop
I'm getting my custom bucket seats from Renegade pretty soon. I sent them my seat cores and they rebuild the seats with big bolsters that are absolutely comfortable and supportive. The best part is that they're on 914 cores, look like factory original seats, and fit very nicely into the factory location! I'll post pics when they're in my car.
redshift
Hmmmm....... hmmm....

http://www.bielstein.com/BF-Sitze/NURBURGR...urburgring.html

Hmm...

Mmmm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.