Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reminder Parts Heaven Swap Meet This Sunday June 7th, 2015
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
Me: Just a reminder that Parts Heaven swap meet is this Sunday.

Wife: I saw the email reminder...... Does it really start at 7am?

Me: Yes, all the great deals go early biggrin.gif .

Wife: But that means I need to get up at 5:30...... mad.gif

So we'll she if she comes.
Mike Bellis
I'm on the fence. I don't really need anything. My car is torn apart for radiator work. I think I will decide Sunday morning.
Mike Bellis
Actually, I realized I need a front GT bumper. Maybe I'll get lucky at the swap meet.
Cairo94507
I should be there around 9:30-ish.
jeffdon
Going to try and roll in around 7:30
Larmo63
914s don't have radiators, so you should be fine. beerchug.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 5 2015, 10:17 PM) *

That's where a screwed up... chair.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 5 2015, 08:17 PM) *

That's actually pretty fuchin funny! av-943.gif
Mueller
Tempting to go, I need a good running engine, the problem is I'll find things I want instead!

Needs should come before wants!
Krieger
I'm going with my son! We will have our Radio Flyer in tow with parts/ wheels for sale again.
toon1
I'm planning to go AND i'm driving the Teener tongue.gif .

Looking for, 916 rear bumper, 78mm crank
Mueller
QUOTE(toon1 @ Jun 6 2015, 08:32 AM) *

I'm planning to go AND i'm driving the Teener tongue.gif .

Looking for, 916 rear bumper, 78mm crank

Yea, yea rub it in....I sort of made a promise to myself no more 914/Porsche events until I can drive my 914 there... of course I made an "out" clause...no 914 is okay as long as I'm picking up parts to get it running, hahaha
72wrxporsche914
Going with a trailer . biggrin.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 6 2015, 07:20 AM) *

Tempting to go, I need a good running engine, the problem is I'll find things I want instead!

Well if you do go.... I 'need' a 15x6 silver cookie cutter. You can ship it with all the other goodies I 'want' made. biggrin.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jun 6 2015, 12:15 PM) *

Well if you do go.... I 'need' a 15x6 silver cookie cutter. You can ship it with all the other goodies I 'want' made. biggrin.gif

A pair of those on eBay last week, not sure if still there and I thought in our own classifieds there was a few last week as well.
MartyYeoman
Can't make it this time. Family stuff you know. hissyfit.gif
keely444
I am going to check it out.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Jun 6 2015, 06:21 PM) *

Can't make it this time. Family stuff you know. hissyfit.gif

Family is over rated...

Someone bring me a fiberglass front bumper! KMA.gif
arkitect
Anyone local need a pair of seats for free, pm me.

Dave
Cairo94507
Just got back from the Parts Heaven event. Quite a few cars - 1 '70 914-6, white, nice honest car. I was drawn to a couple Carrera G-50 coupes which were spotless and perfect. Maybe one day I will have one of those.

Talked to the Elephant Racing guys - they had some nice parts on display. Getting harder and Harder to find 914 stuff. I met one guy, Michael who had a very nice NOS set of foglights. Nice guy.

My brother asked if Parts Heaven were the ones with the Hot Dog stand and I said I was pretty sure that was PCA. He thought Parts Heaven should be doing the Hot Dogs ad drinks for free for all of their loyal customers. I said, "Yeah, but then PCA would not make any money."

The weather was perfect and it was a good turnout with some very nice cars. One of my favorite non 914 was the VW bus/pick-up with the mid-mounted 3.2! Love that bus each time I see it.
ConeDodger
I'm working so I could not come. Driving southbound on 880 on my way to Stanford University Med Center when a yellow topless 914 with a single occupant went by. Nice. Very nice... About 10 something AM.
Michael N
Great get together this morning. Kathy and Nolan both did get up early to come along. Cooper the little white dog also got his first ride in the 914 with the top off. Not as many 914's as there have been in the past. Great to meet many and see the usuals from 914world.

Click to view attachment
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 6 2015, 01:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jun 6 2015, 12:15 PM) *

A pair of those on eBay last week, not sure if still there and I thought in our own classifieds there was a few last week as well.

I waiting for a matching one. I have no desire to refinish them. Plus, I just snagged a nice set of 944 15x7s in black with caps off CL for $100, my dollar value is skewed lol-2.gif
72wrxporsche914
Thanks for the heads up on the 914-6 rear bumper that I didn't even realized that I had.
PotterPorsche
I lost out on a set of 4 cookie cutters while I was inspecting another buyer swooped in and handed the seller the price that I just negotiated. Bunch of cutthroats karma is a bitch!!! Other than that good swap and nice cars. I guess the seller isn't familiar with swap meet etiquette. If it's in your hand let buyer and seller complete. This is not eBay.

I negotiated the price " I said let me inspect all 4. Seller said fine. I made it up to the 3rd rim literally less than 40 seconds. Another guy was hovering. When I turned my back for the 4th rim he handed the buyer the price I negotiated.
keely444
Nice morning out there. Very normal guys (at least the air-cooled crowd)
dlkawashima
As Michael mentioned, low 914 turnout today. Here are pictures of some of the more interesting cars ...

Click to view attachment

Le Mans tribute car.
Click to view attachment

Whitewalls ...
Click to view attachment

The only 914 in the concours competition ... '71 1.7 liter.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Michael's factory six.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

912 engine bay ... about as clean as it gets
Click to view attachment
matthepcat
Bummed I missed this event.

At least I was able to drive a friends Aston Martin V12 Vanquish as an alternative this morning.
Mike Bellis
I didn't stay very long this morning. I left empty handed too...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.