Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel injection fuel pump question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LCOX
Does anyone know if I can use a later 2 port fuel injection fuel pump used on later 1975-76 injection systems on the earlier 1973 2.0 injection system that originally used the earlier 3 port fuel pump? Thanx L
malcolm2
QUOTE(LCOX @ Jun 5 2015, 05:46 PM) *

Does anyone know if I can use a later 2 port fuel injection fuel pump used on later 1975-76 injection systems on the earlier 1973 2.0 injection system that originally used the earlier 3 port fuel pump? Thanx L

Must be D Jet. I am gonna say NO. L Jet had 2 ports and maybe different pressure. Sorry a vague answer is as good as no answer. But d jet has 3 for a reason.
reharvey
I've used two port pumps on 5 of my 2.0 D-Jet cars without any issues. The two port pumps can be bought from just about any parts store. They are priced from $30 to $300 bucks so take your pick. I have a cheap one stored in my car as a backup. Ray
worn
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Jun 5 2015, 04:17 PM) *

QUOTE(LCOX @ Jun 5 2015, 05:46 PM) *

Must be D Jet. I am gonna say NO. L Jet had 2 ports and maybe different pressure. Sorry a vague answer is as good as no answer. But d jet has 3 for a reason.

1975-76 2.0 cars are d-jet. confused24.gif .

AFAIK they interchange. The third hose is, to my sort of knowledge, a way of cooling the pump. This was circumvented in later years in the manufacture of internal lines within the pump for the last two model year. Actually, last model year, since my 76 was made in 1975 and was a left over.
Move to CIS and the pressure goes up, so those pumps will not work. In truth anything that will deliver the 28 psi and proper volume that you can hook up and fit should do the trick. I wish there were a JEGS or Summit for Porsche!
boxsterfan
Bosch 69133 2-port fuel pump. Available at most of your FLAPS.

Supply from tank to pump. Pump to your motor. On the return to tank, throw away the y-connector and send the return right back to the tank.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.