Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OEM Turn Signal Switch(s)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Once again I've tried a vendors TSS that wasn't compatible. Mine works except for the cancellation feature. Just like 95% of the other 914's. I've run into this with my 76 & my 73. Absolutely no wiring issues with either car until I plug one of these so called "replacement" TSS's into the circuit. With the 76 I experienced weird lighting problems when a VW type was tried. With the 73 a relay began to sing as soon as the key was turned and this one was advertised as a 914 TSS replacement. My first clue should have been the broad range years that this vendor say's it fits. Then I read the return policy I agreed to and looks like I'm paying shipping. Live and learn. That's a customer killer for sure, huh? Any other member vendors have this same policy when shipped in error?
So now,I'm beginning to feel like Charlie F'n Brown trying to kick the football that Lucy holds. Should have known better. headbang.gif I've also seen numerous threads where modifications are done or attempted on another model switch but haven't felt I should try to work around one of these if my current TSS's work correctly sans the cancellation feature. I gotta believe that "Suitable replacements" would sell like Hot Cakes if they were ever offered for less $500. Rant over.
914Sixer
FYI 75-76 switches are unique because of the plastic column. The base plug are the same but the raceway plastic holder is different. You can swap the raceways by making good notes and being VERY gentle with 40 year old plastic.

All the aftermarket style vary in wire colors from the original. Some times the assembly process does not insure the correct wire is in the right slot. Also the tolerances of the assembly is not the same thickness as the original. You can make the replacements work BUT they are not always plug and play.
76-914
Then maybe someone could step up and convert these so they are plug n play then re-sale them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.