Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sexy new parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Wow... these are awesome.

Mark, thank you for the three sets! One for Elwood, one for the Bee, and one for the toolbox.

-Rusty smoke.gif
root
What the hell are they? idea.gif
Strut tower mount plates???? idea.gif
Rusty
Nooooo.... sway bar reinforcement plates for the inner fenderwell! wub.gif
ablose58
Look like front swaybar mounts to me smilie_pokal.gif
root
Hey,

You're not trying to sway me are you?
Now that I know what they are I guess they look a bit beefier than
what you normally see. Don't have a sway bar yet, didn't come stock
on a '72 1.7.

biggrin.gif
Rusty
QUOTE (root @ Feb 22 2005, 08:29 PM)
Hey,

You're not trying to sway me are you?
Now that I know what they are I guess they look a bit beefier than
what you normally see. Don't have a sway bar yet, didn't come stock
on a '72 1.7.

biggrin.gif

These are very beefy. Nothing short of a bullet is going to bother them. smilie_pokal.gif

I'm jazzed. These are awesome. smile.gif

-Rusty
Engman
Thanks! Thought they might solve your tear issue.

These will be available in the resources section - $30 includes shipping. Recommended for aggressive driving, big front sway bars and larger engines. You will have to notch out the area under the gas tank to fit these. And you gortta weld them in and puddle weld the extra holes.

M
root
Emgman,
I'll call you when I get to the sway bar part of the project.
I'm in the middle of 'fibermorph' at present. biggrin.gif
boxstr
Question, JP and I and Jim were talking aboutr this very thing Saturday. Would it not be better if they were round?
Curious if you had given that any thought.
Thanks
CCLINSUNNYCAMP
Engman
Perhaps, but there is limited room from the bottom bolt to a brace that interferes. This fits the room and is very very close to the same circumference area while not requiring as much trim out to install (something like 10.7" for the circle vs about 10.5" on this one). And it looks nice!

M
Bleyseng
Do you know how to weld, Rusty?

That will hold them in forever...

Geoff welder.gif
boxstr
The tought that JP brought up was that there would be an even amount of pressure distributed on the round bracing where it would be at the points on the stock looking brace. Just a thought.
CCLINSUNNYCAMP
Rusty
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Feb 22 2005, 10:10 PM)
Do you know how to weld, Rusty?

That will hold them in forever...

Yep... sure do. welder.gif

I'll weld them in on all sides to distribute the load a bit. That'll be far better than just the three simple bolts, IMO.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Porsche Rescue
JP is my welder. He'll likely chime in later tonight. Here's a pic of my problem. Will they solve my problem Mark?
Porsche Rescue
And the missing link......
seanery
Jim,
I think that's very similar to the problem that Rusty is fixing. smash.gif
Engman
I think o but you will have to weld on both sides and grind down the welds in the wheel well.

This is similar to Lawrences issues but a little more severe.

M
J P Stein
I don't think Jim has enuff metal left to use this.
I'm thinkin' more along these lines....to inculde cutting off the brake line support to enable a larger piece.
Bleyseng
Or but the scab plate on the inside if you dont want to see it.

Geoff
J P Stein
The access inside is gawd awful and there's a box section in the way. Standing on ones haid is not conducive to good welding, either. Fitting a piece on the outside as shown is much easier.
The lower section of the piece in the pic willl spread the stress over a large area and there is structure behind it. I ain't real smart, but I know a good idea when I see one.
Hell, I might do it to my car *before * it breaks...whut a concept idea.gif

If Mr Engman makes something like that, I'd buy it.
Rusty
Jim,

I'm cutting up a car right now. If you want that section of metal - it's yours. It was just going to recycle anyways. You can fix the hole (my car is only cracked there) and then weld in some of Mark B's (Engman) reinforcement plates.

PM me.

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.