Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the gov declares cal in a state of
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
my wife is flying to san diego tomorrow. tornado watch in la. to much sun for us. fires are poping up and the air quality is going south quickly.

k
ablose58
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Meredith
Tornadoes touched down in Sacramento, too. Luckily, no one was hurt.
ablose58
Me thinks we may have to install floatation devices on the teener for wcc2005 biggrin.gif
jgiroux67
Tornadoes touced down up in Modesto and flipped some semi trucks over.

Andrew was this anywhere near you?
Mrs. K
QUOTE (ablose58 @ Feb 22 2005, 05:28 PM)
Me thinks we may have to install floatation devices on the teener for wcc2005 biggrin.gif

agree.gif Good idea! There have been numerous mud slides and other rain related damage all over So. Cal.
All of Orange county had a tornado warning today for about an hour! confused24.gif SEND US THE SUN!!!!

Lisa blink.gif
Meredith
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Feb 22 2005, 06:09 PM)
SEND US THE SUN!!!!

No way! We finally saw it again today--we're keeping it!
Aaron Cox
speaking of emergencies.... i car on the 10 freeway just blew up.... out my window..... huge flames.... big smoke
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Meredith @ Feb 22 2005, 05:26 PM)
Tornadoes touched down in Sacramento, too. Luckily, no one was hurt.

Too bad it didn't touch down on the Capitol building...we need a purge.... wacko.gif
914fan
Crazy weather...
Drove my teener through at least a 2 foot deep river.. er I mean streat in Huntington Beach. Water was half way up the door of the toyota tacoma that was stalled in the right lane. (mini truck not full size) I should have taken a picture of his face as I drive right on through.
On a good side note I finally got the drain in the front to drain. Something about water comming into the drain pushing all the rat turds out. Oh well I needed to pull out the carpet and dry (and clean) them again anyway.
riverman
Didn't I just see all this stuff in a movie a while ago? Should I dig out my down-filled long underwear, or move to Mexico?
Allan
You guy's are dicks!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are no Tornado's or water spouts that wil affect you! Chill out, unless you live in the La Cochita area. If you need a place to hook up, call me at:(661-979-2266). And I will be there.
Allan
QUOTE (914fan @ Feb 22 2005, 06:43 PM)
Crazy weather...
Drove my teener through at least a 2 foot deep river.. er I mean streat in Huntington Beach.

Where were you in HB? I was there and had no problems. It was at 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.

It was nice when I was there.

Thanks!
Joe Bob
RANT ON

Screw La Conchita....any idiot that still lives there deserves to get washed out to sea......coming home from San Diego it took me 90 minutes to get from Ventura to La Conchita.....normally it's a 15 minute drive....every dickweed tourist slowed to take a look at the vultures in the TV vans waiting for another slide....got past it and the speeds went to 70 mph again..the other side (southbound) was slammed as well. Three people have been killed there due to looky loos slamming on the brakes and getting rear ended...

The place was originally a trailerpark perched on an ancient land slide....they tried to sue the avocado growers the last time for "watering" too much. Suit was tossed....no one can get homeowner's insurance and the rent is cheap.....make your bed ya gotta sleep in it. I have used up my pity for those people....
Maltese Falcon
On my way home from work on 02-21 last night , there was a hellalot of rainwater coming out of Fern Dell Park- west of griffith park, on Los Feliz Bl. The water made its way down Western Ave, went down to the low spot on the 101 and totally shut down both directions of the freeway. The pump stations were working-but couldn't unload the water off of the 101 fast enough headbang.gif
New meaning to "I can't drive 55"
It should start getting sunny late Wed pray.gif
jimtab
Damn, you other Californians need some perspective....I was raised in a town where the average rainfall was well north of 250 inches per year, IT'S WATER, and it's inconvienient (especially if you're dumb enough to build in a stupid place) or if you have to drive with several thousand of your new close personal friends. Damn, wear a jacket and hat, drive more carefully and get over it ....just my.02
914fan
I agree. It is just water. Have fun with it. Enjoy the free car wash (both inside and out)(F in 30 year old rubber)
I was in Westminister on the boarder of HB east of the mall, across the street from the post office. The street was flooded going to work.
It was great.....
pete-stevers
sorry you guys are having rough weather....It is sunny and warmer than usual here....
Andyrew
Josh, I didnt hear anything.. This is the first thing I've heard... confused24.gif

Do you know where in modesto it was??

Flippin a semi is more than a gust... lol

I didnt think it was very windy today.. We where working on the garage/roof from 1-7 today...
Heck I was in a t shirt

Andrew
Brent
QUOTE (jgiroux67 @ Feb 22 2005, 05:33 PM)
Tornadoes touced down up in Modesto and flipped some semi trucks over.

This is the first I've heard of this tornado. Can't find a story in the Bee. My cars are being stored close to Modesto (Escalon), and now a bit concerned.

Anyone have a link that can tell me where in Modesto (99 or 120)?
Joe Bob
Bet if ya taste it you will find that you just spilled yer beer...
Meredith
QUOTE (jimtab @ Feb 22 2005, 07:17 PM)
Damn, you other Californians need some perspective....I was raised in a town where the average rainfall was well north of 250 inches per year, IT'S WATER, and it's inconvienient (especially if you're dumb enough to build in a stupid place) or if you have to drive with several thousand of your new close personal friends. Damn, wear a jacket and hat, drive more carefully and get over it ....just my.02

Point taken. But I didn't grow up where 250 inches of rain was normal. I'm here in San Jose where after 3 days of rain I'm desperate for the sun to come back out. So go ahead and laugh when I talk about "bad weather", because I'd rather be laughed at than live with some of the intense weather that some states get. Now if you'll excuse me, it's only supposed to get up to 66 degrees today and I still need to find my scarf and mittens. rolleyes.gif

-Mer
Toast
QUOTE (Sammy @ Feb 23 2005, 08:26 AM)
This rain sux! I left the widow on my pick-em-up truck partially down and my seat got all wet!
I need a hug wink.gif
Where's that emoticon with the little violin playing?

laugh.gif
The window in my truck doesnt roll up all the way. So I have been draping a garbage sac over the window/door when I close the door.
Its totaly ghetto! barf.gif

I'm actually enjoying the rain because it hasnt rained more than 2 inches annually since 1997. It also helps that the area I live in has a large river running through it (hence the name Riverside...) so that the water can channel through. Also, the city built the roads to drain the water (it sure is fun driving at an angle all the time rolleyes.gif ) and there are flood channels. I would assume it is set up like this because we dont get much rain here and when we do, the ground doesnt sop it up.

Ok, i'm done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.