Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any of you guys know 944's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
Just curious if any of you have 944's. We just took delivery of an 87 944S. It's in pretty respectable condition. We are contemplating having some touch up paint work done on the front spoiler. In my typical "since I'm in there" attitude I was thinking of replacing the front bumper with the European version. The Euro version replaces the big bumperettes with small bumperettes and an integrated fog light. Anyone know if these are available in the states? I cannot find any pics of a Euro rear bumper - can any of you guys from over seas post one.
Thanks!
Scott S in CO
Andyrew
Well, My dad (dan10101) has two turbo's, one track car (which I learned to drive in) and one stock car. I found some picture of the euro stuff, In my opinion they are nice, but there are some very nice looking aftermarket stuff.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Go to Rennlist, the 944 forum is about as active as this forum. Good luck! Oh and dont be afraid to use the hatch to tow stuff, 944's are like trucks, seriously.
wavey.gif
Mountain914
In my humble opinion - I've always liked the looks of the turbo front and rear more so than the euro. So I can't answer your question but I had an 87 Turbo and I don't think there would have been a thing I would have changed on it. You might consider that an option (?).
seanery
yeah, they sell an aftermarket turbo look front for the NA cars.

I've got an 86 turbo.
Schnell944
I love my 944. there are some aftermarket options available....some good, and some not so good.....euro bumpers are tough to get whilst in the states. enjoy your car! i second the towing remark.....I used my 86 944 to move out of my college dorm....fit a fridge, my clothes a microwave and all sorts of stuff in it....like to see a 911 try that.
yarin
My brother has an 89 944 Turbo (S) that we maintain, autox and DE. Fun car, loads of power. The 89 turbos have factory koni coilovers, brembo 928S4 brakes, beefier tranny and more power(250 crank). Add M030 sway bars, chips, boost controller set to 16psi along with at test pipe and you've got a nice track machine.

IPB Image
IPB Image

Good luck with your car. The rennlist 944 forum is very active, good place to hang out and make friends. boldblue.gif
Jeroen
I had an '88 944S for a short while.
I bought it with some minor fender-bender damage, fixed it and sold it at a good profit.

They're very nice cars, but just not my cup-a-soup...
I think they feel lumpy. I'm not saying they are, but that's how they feel to me. To big, heavy, luxurious and indirect...

For some people, I'm sure these things are benefits and would make sense. They'd make a very nice daily driver for sure. And they're still plenty fast.

I was actually driving at the speedlimits with this car. Something I just can't seem to do with the 911 biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
A friend of mine, who runs an independent p-shop, has a softspot for the watercooled 4bangers.

He has build several a wicked R versions (not rice R's but real R's biggrin.gif) and he also owns an original 924 Carrera GT (only 400 ever made)

This is his latest project, it's a '87 or '88 S with a 968 engine, big red brakes, full adj. coil-over suspension and lots of other cool goodies

cheers,

Jeroen
rick 918-S
Nicest lines, Hard to beat the gracefully bold performance lines and overall appearance. Worse overall car I ever owned period! Leaking sunroof. The interior wreaked of mold and rotting fabric. No lowend torque, and extremely loose when pushed into a corner. Not to mention the electrical gremlins, rubbery shifter, and the list goes on. I can't believe Porsche didn't cast this basterd child off after the first year of production. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough and I was glad to loose money to the next owner. I warned the guy to do the belt service but he didn't listen.... Cost him dearly for that mistake..but I warned him confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.