Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edit: Pics found - info on flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
infraredcalvin
There was a for sale ad a few years ago with a black 914 (I think 2.2) conversion with what looked like 911 turbo front flares on all 4 corners, not exactly but it's the best I can describe.

The seller was in LA (Seal Beach? Not sure why I'm remembering that), and was quite quirky. Several had made offers on the car (including me), but TC had made mention that he offered asking price and the guy still wouldn't sell, something tiicked him off and he disappeared.

I really liked the looks of the flares, I'm hoping someone has some pics and ides of how to accomplish.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Mike Bellis
Mine used to have 930 flares. In total there were 4 rear flares and 4 front flares grafted on the car with 1/2" of bondo. Each corner requires 2 flares due to the short radius and bumpers on the 911 body.

Incidentally, my car came from SoCal.
Click to view attachment
76-914
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 6 2015, 09:01 PM) *

Mine used to have 930 flares. In total there were 4 rear flares and 4 front flares grafted on the car with 1/2" of bondo. Each corner requires 2 flares due to the short radius and bumpers on the 911 body.

Click to view attachment

I like your current ones much better. shades.gif
JRust
I wonder if it was the six conversion at WCR this year? Didn't that six conversion have them at least in the back? It was setup for racing more than street. Dave was taking it back to more a street car confused24.gif
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 7 2015, 07:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 6 2015, 09:01 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I like your current ones much better. shades.gif

These are nice but the one I remember were much smaller. Maybe a baseball bat used delicately???
infraredcalvin
Ok, I'll admit it now, my memory sucks...I apologize for the bad description above.

I like these flares, anyone have any idea on how they were made? Are they stretched or welded from something else???

TIA!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
There was an urban 914 legend about VW Rabbit flares.... blink.gif
SLITS
SC Flares?
sixnotfour
beer3.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 9 2015, 06:19 AM) *

Rabbit flares look different:

IPB Image

IPB Image
GeorgeRud
Though I don't have any photos of the car, a local fellow used rear SC flares on the rear of his 914-6 back in the day. I seem to remember that they had to mount them 'backwards' (L on the R rear fender) to make them fit correctly.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 9 2015, 01:12 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 9 2015, 06:19 AM) *

Rabbit flares look different:

Myth solved. Nice work! beerchug.gif
screenguy914
Row-B, flying under the radar, told me they were 911SC rear flares. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Sherwood

PS: Able to fit 15x8 Fuchs and NLA 245/45-15 rubber.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.