Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash pad recovering..at CAMP 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
boxstr
Well the dash pad recovering project is back in action. Some of the pads are ok not quit up to what I am looking for.New material is being tested and we are trying to get the "stock" look on the back side.
Also a targa top pad, came out good, still going to try new material also the pad that fits onto the targa top above the visors came out really well .
These will be availble in colors and with an ashtray delete.
I will keep you posted when I am getting closer to a more perfect end product.
CCLINSUNNYCAMP
boxstr
dash2
boxstr
dash3
boxstr
dash4
boxstr
dash5
914LUST
QUOTE(boxstr @ Feb 22 2005, 05:36 PM) *

dash5

Hi - your recovers look great!

I need to get my targa top pad (visor) covered - any recommendations?
Do you do this, or recommend someone? I also need my dash done.

Thanks!

Richard (914LUST)
MoveQik
Craig,

Could you post close up pics of the front and back of the targa bar pads around the openings for the top latch? If you saw my targa bar pad, you would understand why....

I'm thinking yours might solve the problem. biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance.

Mike
boxstr
Mike I will try to get some today.
Craig
MoveQik
icon_bump.gif
Twise
IPB Image

Any suggestions on how to get the dip out of my dash pad? It is in pretty good shape, but the sun seems to have depressed it a little. My plan is to have it wrapped in leather, but it has got to be straight first.
boxstr
You could make a brace then apply some low heat to form it into the shape you desire.
Good luck, let me know what happens.
Craig
jsayre914
QUOTE(Twise @ Aug 10 2007, 05:17 PM) *

IPB Image

Any suggestions on how to get the dip out of my dash pad? It is in pretty good shape, but the sun seems to have depressed it a little. My plan is to have it wrapped in leather, but it has got to be straight first.

I have the same problem. Did anyone resolve this. did the heat work?
Alpina
can you recover in leather?

Chuck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.