Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What body kit is this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
First I am not making fun of any ones car. Everyone likes what they like, but what body kit is this. CL 914

And no, I am not going to do this to either one of my 914s.
mepstein
I remember it from back in the day but no idea who.
Amazing how many body kids were made for our cars.
Jeff Hail
914 SC (Sonny Crockett) biggrin.gif
rjames
Duplicate post
rjames
Wow. People must have really hated the look of the 914 to make it look that much worse with all of the various body kits.
mepstein
Teener abuse
GeorgeRud
When the 914 came out, the competition was certainly stylish (Datsun 240Z, Fiat 124, TR6, MGB, Jensen Healy, Lotus Élan, Volve P1800, etc.), so I think it's looks turned off many potential buyers. Only those that understood the benifits of it's design parameters saw the beauty under the skin.
914Next
Reminds me of a cub scouts pinewood derby car…carved out of a block of wood.
mbseto
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jun 7 2015, 10:25 PM) *

When the 914 came out, the competition was certainly stylish (Datsun 240Z, Fiat 124, TR6, MGB, Jensen Healy, Lotus Élan, Volve P1800, etc.), so I think it's looks turned off many potential buyers. Only those that understood the benifits of it's design parameters saw the beauty under the skin.

My dad had a TR6 followed by a 240Z. As a youngster, I thought the 914 compared favorably. Someone in our neighborhood had a 914 and I pointed it out to my dad once, and he said one word: "Underpowered". To my young brain, this was a mortal sin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.