Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How stupid do you have to be to think this is leather?!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris914n6
I went back and forth with this seller on ebay about urethane steering wheels being cast from leather and how to tell them apart. He tells me it has separate thread, feels like leather, the whole checklist.
First touch I knew it wasn't. It's squishy. Then there is the obvious mold line around the outside and injection point on the bottom. Ugg.
Otherwise it's a practically new 350mm Dino. I'm $53 into it, not sure if I want to keep it as is, cover it in interior matching tan (sun friendly), or send it back and spend the time looking for another.

Thoughts?

IPB Image
rjames
Judging from your post I doubt you'll ever be happy with it. Dump it and find the one you want.
Mueller
I'll buy it from you...problem solved...sorta smile.gif
EdwardBlume
Become a hippy and pour hate on yourself for even thinking of driving a car with a cow carcass for a steering wheel. biggrin.gif

or get it stitched.

I kind of like the Dino.
7TPorsh
Where do you get a hub adapter for that?
Chris914n6
I was mostly venting. I don't like the feel of urethane too much so I was excited to finally score a leather one.

-7TPorsh
It was on the first car I bought 20something years ago. I've seen adapter rings on ebay or redrill a momo/grant.

Here is another stupid person. Authentic Porsche Nuova Raid Dino 13" Steering Wheel Made Italy Leather Vintage. I have this wheel but 14" od. The sprue is just visible- outside edge bottom of the stitching.
IPB Image
IPB Image
Andyrew
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 9 2015, 06:25 AM) *

Become a hippy and pour hate on yourself for even thinking of driving a car with a cow carcass for a steering wheel. biggrin.gif

or get it stitched.

I kind of like the Dino.

Looks like a nice wheel to me! I agree get it stitched or sell it to Mueller smile.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 9 2015, 12:16 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 9 2015, 06:25 AM) *

or get it stitched.

I kind of like the Dino.

Looks like a nice wheel to me! I agree get it stitched or sell it to Mueller smile.gif

Don't need it now...just bought a different Dino wheel off eBay....$35 shipped, probably a fake!
Andyrew
Now thats a killer price, sure its not plastic smile.gif
Cairo94507
eBay...... slap.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 9 2015, 12:36 PM) *

Don't need it now...just bought a different Dino wheel off eBay....$35 shipped, probably a fake!

Gold center?
That one looks made with actual leather.
Chris914n6
Decided not to keep it. The center is 1/4 - 3/8" low, good for seeing gauges and leg room, feels odd to me steering. No free time to make an offset spacer. Dibs to those that read my thread. I'll post in classifieds shortly, unless Mueller still wants it.

IPB Image

vs.
IPB Image
Mueller
Yep, the gold centered unit...I'll have to pass on yours now....1 steering wheel is enough!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.