Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heat exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
Has anyone ceramic coated their heater boxes? I have the tins off and repaired. Heat paint or ceramic coated inside and out? I am concerned about if there is any toxic fumes given off into the cabin. Also if I coat the inside of the header will it reduce the heat transfer?
Thanks Brian
GeorgeRud
I had mine coated at Jet Hot coatings, and it's worked out great with no observable downside. Nevertheless, I always run with a carbon monoxide detector in the car as these are now 35 years old. Even the SSI exchangers have been known to crack from age.
barefoot
QUOTE(80cap @ Jun 9 2015, 07:09 AM) *

Has anyone ceramic coated their heater boxes? I have the tins off and repaired. Heat paint or ceramic coated inside and out? I am concerned about if there is any toxic fumes given off into the cabin. Also if I coat the inside of the header will it reduce the heat transfer?
Thanks Brian

I di my 911 SC some years ago. never had any odors in the cabin, they were coated externally only

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
moorepower
Coating the inside will make them less efficient. You don't want to slow down heat transfer.
SLITS
According to a Jet Hot Dealer, coating reduces exterior temperature by 30%. A /6 rear trunk gets really hot so besides the protective coating for external rust, your Hershey Bar in the trunk won't melt. biggrin.gif
GeorgeRud
But the rear trunk makes a great place to keep a take out pizza warm! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.