Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 914 in PA area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
cbehr
New to the whole 914 scene, been looking for a fun little car and really liked these cars instantly!!

Looking to spend 3-5k on something that is driveable. Would like to drive it around this summer then work on it section by section over the next couple winters. Engine upgrade one winter, body work/paint the next etc. Is it reasonable to think I could find a decent car in this price range in my area? Been scouting craigslist with no success and found a few on eBay but a fair amount seem to be junkers for $1,000 or in the $8-10K semi-redone stage.

Any other suggestions on what to look for would be appreciated...or tips on at least getting a car with a decently sound engine/tranny.
Annapolis914
Hard price point for driver. In MD and have a 74 2.0 being delivered today and paid around $11K delivered. Mine has been modified but new interior and paint and no rust or bonding. All others I considered over the last year or two that were turnkey drivers were between $9-13K. let me know if you get down to MD and you can check it out. Good luck, think you have to look a bit higher and know that prices are not likely to go down.
Claus Graf
I got a PA titled 1974 914 1.8 for $1000 two years ago (in Texas).
Complete, not running with lots of rust.
I'm in the middle of rebuilding the longitudinals and the rear suspension mounts.
The engine and tranny are OK.

Get a car with minimal rust.

Here is a link for a car in Texas that is close to your price range (but not close to PA)

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5022577691.html

Hope this helps

Claus Graf
tjc914
Have I got a deal for you. Seriously - 73 2.0, light blue

I started my project some time ago. Body is solid as a rock-new metal from back to front on the bottom, engine shelf, battery tray, longs. needs a repaint and some remaining dings taken care of.

New 2056, completely balanced. New P&C,valves, guides, springs, oil pump, flywheel, gaskets, bearings, balanced crank, new cam and lifters, clutch. Many newer or upgraded parts-Fuchs, rebuilt calipers, master cylinder, pedal cluster/ Interior is a 8/10. Glass is all good.

Heres the catch. It's completely disassembled, including the engine. So you have a pure build project here, with parts that, if sourced, would be well over $5k, forget all of my labor to install/weld the metal.. I am moving soon and need to get it out of my garage and reluctantly have to bail on the project. Have many pics, parts and motivation.
Please PM me if you have interest. Thanks
Tim
porsha916
I have a 914, I planned on selling when finished, it needs seats, carpets, some rubber pieces and rockers installed, I am in the process of rebuilding the webers, it needs tires. it would be at the upper end of what you wanted to spend. If you are serious it would be worth the trip to see it. 74 silver with a black interior. located in candor NY. I was building it to be a driver.
take care
Bill
mepstein
QUOTE(tjc914 @ Jun 10 2015, 03:05 PM) *

Have I got a deal for you. Seriously - 73 2.0, light blue

I started my project some time ago. Body is solid as a rock-new metal from back to front on the bottom, engine shelf, battery tray, longs. needs a repaint and some remaining dings taken care of.

New 2056, completely balanced. New P&C,valves, guides, springs, oil pump, flywheel, gaskets, bearings, balanced crank, new cam and lifters, clutch. Many newer or upgraded parts-Fuchs, rebuilt calipers, master cylinder, pedal cluster/ Interior is a 8/10. Glass is all good.

Heres the catch. It's completely disassembled, including the engine. So you have a pure build project here, with parts that, if sourced, would be well over $5k, forget all of my labor to install/weld the metal.. I am moving soon and need to get it out of my garage and reluctantly have to bail on the project. Have many pics, parts and motivation.
Please PM me if you have interest. Thanks
Tim

Tim - sent you a pm. Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.