Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fog light rubber?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
any one know where i can get the rubber "gasket" that goes between the fog light ring and the cup?

AA's catalog is all hosed up! fighting19.gif
Aaron Cox
BUMP
Aaron Cox
someone has to know? anyone? BTDT?
GWN7
You can make your own....get some sheet rubber at a FLAPS and cut one (or two) as needed by using the lens as a pattern. Trim the inside about 1/4" away from the outside.......new gasket. cool.gif
Dave Cawdrey
I've been working on this. Here's what I've come up with...

Plasti-Dip. Yup tongue.gif 3 coats, and you got a new seal. And it won't move, pinch, etc.

Flame suit on... ph34r.gif
Aaron Cox
korijo, didnt you recently R & R your fog's? i took mine, sanded em, and painted them. the gasket disintegrated when i took em apart.

as for the:
plasti-dip fighting19.gif
Dave Cawdrey
Yea, but I decided to sell my restored set. Just trying to get that NOS set on eBay, somehow...

I also picked up this set. Supposedly LE models confused24.gif
Aaron Cox
i have those exact ones, just redid them in black
Dave Cawdrey
Thats only the primer... I will black them up w/ Wurth.
Aaron Cox
i sued basic rust oleum Gloss Black...came out SWEET. just need a set of rubber gaskets! mad.gif
jfort
I'd like to add them to a 70 914-6. Any thoughts? Hard to find?
914werke
I R&R mine over the weekend, and rewired per the panarama artical, pretty simple. But I as well suffered the seal failure.
On top of that out of 3 sets of bulbs I had been hording only ONE worked! mad.gif
Are the bulbs available?
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(jfort @ Jun 9 2003, 06:04 AM)
I'd like to add them to a 70 914-6. Any thoughts? Hard to find?

After I paint them up, the ones pictured above, they will be for sale. These are in awesome condition, and I believe the seals are good. I will let everyone know when they are done.

LMK if you want them. As always, best reasonable offer...
jfort
Korijo,

I am interested when/if you decide to sell. I can do the wiring. But, how to they bolt onto the car?
Dave Cawdrey
You should have exsisting bolts already threaded into the mount location. Right next to the horn(s).
Dave Cawdrey
Here
jfort
then a glass cover seals to the grill?
Dave Cawdrey
The glass seals to the ring and reflector. The the ring/glass/reflector snap on to the housing. Nothing attaches to the grills.

Do you need the whole fog light and grill setup? Or just seals? I only have a near perfect setup. It is gonna be spendy. The setup pictured above is immaculate (sp?). Needs only paint. Seals, reflectors, etc. are sooooper nice!!!

On a similar note, I talked with seller of the NOS setup. I worked a deal, bit the bullet, and got the set. So now I have a set of NOS grills for sale... Anyone want them?
jfort
let me know what your price is
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.