Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pressure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Thinking my fuel pressure needs to be checked, what is best method and what is the recommended psi?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
914_teener
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jun 9 2015, 02:24 PM) *

Thinking my fuel pressure needs to be checked, what is best method and what is the recommended psi?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Stock D jet?
Ian Stott
Yup, stock D jet, but a 2056 with the Raby Cam and Len Hoffman heads.
Mblizzard
I run 31 psi in my 2056.
Dave_Darling
Stock spec is 29 PSI. (Actually 2 Bar, which is a bit over 29 PSI.) Measured anywhere downstream of the pump and upstream of the fuel pressure regulator.

If your fuel rails have an extra unused port, you can remove the bolt plugging it and run the gauge to that port. Some cold-start valves only have one fuel hose going to them; if so you can swap the gauge in on that fuel line.

Failing that, you'll want to T into a line somewhere in the high-pressure loop. (Pretty much any hose that is connected to one fuel rail or the other.)

--DD
914_teener
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jun 9 2015, 03:28 PM) *

I run 31 psi in my 2056.

agree.gif

I am running the same.

I measure it with a guage I got at HF...and use the little 10 mm? Screw on the drivers side fuel rail.
The kit comes with a hose that fits over the tapped boss on the rail and I cinch that down with an FI hose clamp.
Ian Stott
Thanks to all that replied, got it set at 31 and working much better. Getting there!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
BeatNavy
Based on this thread I'm going to do the same. I'm running 29 to 30 and have symptoms of being too lean sometimes.
Ian Stott
Mine was a bit high, I wanted to check it as my rpm's we're hanging up instead of dropping nicely to where they should. I thought maybe the fuel pressure could be too high and overpower the springs in the injectors causing a little bit of extra fuel in the chamber which needed to burn off before the rpm could drop. Just got back from a drive to get it up to temp and now the idle is too low, died at the stop sign at the bottom of the down ramp, started right away though and I went home and feathered the throttle pulling into the garage to keep it running. Gonna play with the knob on the ecu to bring the idle up a bit first, if that doesn't work I'll turn the screw on the throttle body. By the way there is a hole in the throttle body plate, is that supposed to be there?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
pete000
Just a reply to an old thread.

I just tested mine (74 L-Jet) hooked up a VDO Fuel pressure gauge to the diagnostic port of the drivers side fuel rail.

I am reading 32psi at 950 rpms.

Dips a bit when reving the engine.

Is this normal?

Mblizzard
QUOTE(pete000 @ Sep 11 2015, 01:31 PM) *

Just a reply to an old thread.

I just tested mine (74 L-Jet) hooked up a VDO Fuel pressure gauge to the diagnostic port of the drivers side fuel rail.

I am reading 32psi at 950 rpms.

Dips a bit when reving the engine.

Is this normal?

What's a bit? A few psi or 10? May see a few psi change but not 10 m
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.