Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hagerty or Grundy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dhm
Looking for experience with or opinions about Hagerty Insurance and Grundy Insurance. My 914-6 conversion will be completed soon. Have had Hagerty for 17 years while car was a stock 2.0; however, the premium they've quoted is more than twice what Grundy has quoted for same coverage, same declared value and same deductible as now modified.
Thank you.
bandjoey
Search and ye shall see many insurance threads. I'm Haggerty by the way. Here's a recent one.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=Haggerty
carr914
I have Heacock Classic on my 914-6 with a Value of $50,000

I'm about to put my Harley Truck on Grundy as I bought a Honda Civic to use daily
JRust
I'm a Hagerty man. I've used them going on 12 years. Had a claim & they were easy to work with. Had a slight hiccup but it was with the stinking adjustor they subcontracted with. They paid for everything & were quick to pay when they knew. Had multiple revisions with work & they stepped up all the way through. Not familiar with the other but I won't use anyone but Hagerty at this point for my 914
screenguy914
Hagerty coverage is probably on par with the other companies. I've had both coverages, but never a claim. I switched to Grundy when Hagerty's premiums escalated. They must fund their rather large advertising and sponsorship programs. Lacking other revenue sources, it's paid for by their insured.

Get an endorsement from a person who has experienced a claim from both companies for a more accurate comparison. I suspect the premiums and the policy restrictions would be the main difference. JMH guess.

Sherwood
JeffBowlsby
I am with JC Taylor. 1 claim too in about 15 years...handled expeditiously and very reasonable rates.
pdlightning
I am with Hagerty. They even insure late model cars with no deductible and agreed to amounts. I have had JC and Grundy and was directed to Hagerty by a friend who handles insurance claims. He simply stated Hagerty pays and keeps their customer happy by not being a nit picking company. Also, you basically get 5 cars for the price of 4.
914Next
I'm with Classic Collectors (Infinity). Recently got a quote from Hagerty and they were over 3x what I pay at CC. Very nice guy at Hagerty and I even sent my declaration page to him because he was so surprised the quotes were so far apart. In the end he understood that with that large a gap, I could't justify moving over to Hagerty.
somd914
I've gone shopping recently based on threads about Hagarty's prices. I have found a few who beat Hagarty but not by much in my case. I insure my teener and Carrera with them. I imagine price differences vary between states and driver backgrounds.

As I've mentioned in other threads, I stick with Hagarty as they are the only classic carrier I've found who allow my sons to drive, ages 22 and 20. All the others I've talked to won't allow any driver who isn't 25, have 7 years driving experience, or some other age or experience criteria that prevent from driving, even with me in the car. Not sure if that is a factor for you...
Ferg
Hagerty aktion035.gif
worn
QUOTE(dhm @ Jun 9 2015, 03:21 PM) *

Looking for experience with or opinions about Hagerty Insurance and Grundy Insurance. My 914-6 conversion will be completed soon. Have had Hagerty for 17 years while car was a stock 2.0; however, the premium they've quoted is more than twice what Grundy has quoted for same coverage, same declared value and same deductible as now modified.
Thank you.

I inherited a'47 Dodge PU with a '66 Malibu engine, unknown similar vintage GM transmission, and a rear end probably from a Pontiac. The kind with pressed on bearings instead of axle clips. Driving north towards Oshkosh the 50 year old bearing decided to overheat and the right axle and wheel goes shooting out in about 2 seconds, wheel bouncing along behind at 65 mph. I had a piece of furniture in the back and one of those dark purple thunderstorms we enjoy here was coming on.

But I had my little Hagerty plastic piece with the 800 number wedged in the windshield. They found me a tow truck (which was quite a trick due to my location) and I was flat bedding through the rain. Without a wheel on the back it was extra work to get the truck onto the bed. I got to ride along with the driver's dad relegated to the jump seat. No bill from Hagerty at all!

Just renewed the policy today and asked them to put the 911 on comp only due to no working engine. No problem.
infraredcalvin
Another with hagerty, no claims thus far, hopefully never... Nice agents to work with, they keep track of values so no haggle with agreed value. They even call to up coverage if it gets too far out of whack with rising values. Of course the premiums go up too...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.