Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blacked out chrome trim. 1974
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J/41
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if Porsche in 1974 made a 914 with blacked out trim. Windshield trim black. All chrome trim on roll bar black.. etc. This will be my first 914 the car is a 2.0 car. I will get it this week and have been trying to find out as much history as possible. Factory Fuchs I have always liked these cars and thought before the prices climb too high I will get one. I expect to go through the entire car then put her on the road.
My other Porsche is a 2004 996 40th Annv. edition GT silver

All the best,
John
Dave_Darling
Yes, many of the LE 914s (Limited Edition, special paint jobs in 74) had blacked-out trim.

--DD
Johny Blackstain
In 1974 the only blacked out trim available was on the rear of the targa bar. No windshield trim, vent pillars or forward targa trim was available in black.

welcome.png
Tom_T
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 9 2015, 04:43 PM) *

Yes, many of the LE 914s (Limited Edition, special paint jobs in 74) had blacked-out trim.

--DD

IIRC all of the LEs had blacked out rollbar trim - but then Jeff Bowlsby is the LE Guru to ask ... pray.gif

BTW - 914Rubber sells a rubber blackout windshield trim if that's your thing. Look for member vendor Mikey914 - Mark W. He's an airline pilot for his day job, so sometimes slow to respond.

welcome.png

Good Luck with your new 914! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
McMark
agree.gif

LE cars only had the three pieces at the back of the targa bar blacked out.
J/41
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 10 2015, 11:13 AM) *

agree.gif

LE cars only had the three pieces at the back of the targa bar blacked out.

Thanks Guys ..... However this car has the winsheild trim black.. top of roll bar and the two inside bar peices the thin narrow lower chrome peices are missing the car has a vinyl covered roll bar, Side window Frames are also blacked out..bumper are black not sure if they were painted by car owner. I get the car tomorrow so I will check out.
Original color of car was White with black interior..The car does not have center console with gauges. Just wondering what I got here.

Thank you all for you input.. John
McMark
Check the vin against the LE registry.
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 10 2015, 06:59 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif
shades.gif
welcome.png
J/41
QUOTE(Chris Pincetich @ Jun 11 2015, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 10 2015, 06:59 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif
shades.gif
welcome.png

Thanks again for all your input. However I found this car on the Internet and it too has black chrome like my car. Please chack Out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA7IBD53wvI

Kind of Puzzling I see the red car has Euorpean taillights.. my car tailights were missing. Thanks again John
ahycaramba
I'm also thinking of blacking out all the chrome. Can anybody supply picture of oem blacked out parts? On the other parts that need blacking out, what is the best way and most durable way to black them out? I was planning to bead blast trim and prime and paint finish. Looking for ideals.

thanks
Al
Trim blackout by previous owner.
914Sixer
Never happened on a 914. 1974 was the 1st year the 911 went to black anodized trim with the new body style.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.